ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-26-2018, 12:09 AM

Smile I'm back (back he-he)

I'm back and getting serious about ADR. GREAT NEWS! 2 level ADR is now covered by my insurance, Anthem Blue Cross. I plan to see my PCP and request a new MRI and referral to a Northern California Surgeon. I do need to be seen in California or it will be out of network. So I am crossing my fingers that I won't need 3 level ADR. The big question which surgeon or surgeons should I see. The closest is Kim Kee at UC Davis, but I have also heard good things about Kenneth Light in San Francisco, Brian Su in Marin and Bobby Tay and Lee Tan both at UCSF. Opps I forgot Mummaneni at UCSF, too.I am hoping for a surgeon who is caring, skilled is a straight shooter leaning toward minimally invasive procedures, but I also want to have one procedure and to be done. I look forward to hearing others experience. Is there consensus on mobi-c vs. Prestige LP? I'm hearing surgical preference. Thank you !
C 6-7 posterior disk bulge
Cervical radiculopathy
Right sided sciatica for 15 years, no MRI
Old 10-28-2018, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Welcome back. And this is great news that both levels are covered by insurance. I used to call them Blue Corpse Blue Sled; I'll have to find a slightly more respectful name now...

Yes, I think you have access to some good doctors there. Good luck with your next steps.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 10-29-2018, 12:44 AM

Default Good News!

I was able to see the mid-level provider who works with my PCP today at the walk-in clinic and got a prescription for flexaril and an order for a cervical MRI. I have signed up to have a peer volunteer call me on Wednesday about the Prestige LP. I am researching doctors and clinics and I will cross my fingers that I only need a 2 level adr. I Also resumed tumeric and vitamin D and I feel so much better. Thank you for the encouraging words, Harrison. I am hoping not to have to travel too far and not go into too much debt to get some relief.
C 6-7 posterior disk bulge
Cervical radiculopathy
Right sided sciatica for 15 years, no MRI
Old 12-03-2018, 03:35 AM

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about your situation. But wow! That is really fantastic to hear that doubles are now being covered. Go California!

I wish you the best of luck! I can't offer any help as I am in Florida, but sending you my well wishes from the east coast!
2017 - Blew out my back on leg-press. MRI showed L5-S-1 disc herniation and grade 1 retrolisthesis.
2018 - Successful ADR surgery with Dr. Rolando Garcia using the Activ-L implant.
2019 - In physical therapy for burning in feet, L4-L5 diffuse disc bulge and SI joint pain.
2020 - Getting better with one-on-one PT.

30 - Male - American