ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-16-2005, 07:17 AM

Hey, if we don't blow our own horns, who will! ;-) I totally spaced out where I was in terms of posting numbers and noticed this morning that one of my posts from yesterday had "Silver Member" underneath my name! Cool! Yippee! I guess I'm not a newbie any more...

I went to the membership directory and selected Posts in the top column to line everyone up by number of posts and there I was near the top of the list! Turns out I'm the ninth member to turn Silver and Paulette will be the tenth, only two posts behind me as of yesterday. Congrats, Paulette! You rock!

Come to think of it, this entire forum rocks! I'm soooo happy to be here, to have this wonderful resource for learning and this comfortable home for encouragement, support and debate. We owe it all to you, Rich, and to Alastair, Justin, Mark, Allan and Maria and all the others who have created and helped to grow and foster this family of spinally-challenged folks.

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Thanks Rein. It is great that everyone can help one another as we do here.

Maybe we can all end up in the same assisted living neighborhood some day. With our bionic backs and youthful vigor, shoveling snow and cutting neighbor's lawns will never be an issue...

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 07-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Banned

Rein,
Welcome to the Silver Membership level! Actually, I had to go back and check to see what I was!
You've been a real asset to the forum, you've posed so many thoughtful questions and very chalk full responses of excellent information~
My continual thanks to Rich,Alastair and Mark esp. as they have really put this thing together and made it fly~ Rich being founder of the forum, Alastair was probably the first person posting about ADR, and Mark~ our mmglobal who has walked thru the coals, come out the other side and made it his life's new mission to professionally help others to hook up with ADR information/services/referrals~
Of course, thanks to everyone else that participates here and makes the forum "rock" as Rein says!
Thank you for mentioning me in your post, if I've helped in any way, then I'm truly happy~
Old 07-16-2005, 12:58 PM

Rein - Congrats on being a silver member!

Kat
5/04 TBI/Dr Zigler recommends 1 level ADR
4/05 UHC denies Charite. Appealed-Denied again
6/05 Scheduled fusion 6/28
6/05 Fusion cnxl'd-
6/05 Fusion w/NS 7/26 at 7:30am
Old 07-16-2005, 02:13 PM

Silver Member Status does that mean I talk too much? Could be as ski instructors are sure known to be good talkers��..! Don�t think I can be compared to Harrison, Alastair, Mark, Justin, Pancho, and Mariaa and you as well Rein, but I have learned so much from everyone in such a short a mount of time you all have become my family a family that supports and understands unconditionally.

Just a special note all, I am very dyslexic, difficulties with spelling and reading, I would never have participated in this type of arena before my back injury but my health is more important that what other think of my clerical skills. When I get involved in something I give it my all!

So now a Silver Member, that has canceled surgery 3 times, I�m in a great club But I am glad to say I have made a decision that brings me piece and I will post about it soon.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 07-16-2005, 03:30 PM

Rein,

Thanks but those who started this forum, maintain it, and real regulars who've been a blessing to me. I like your intelligent comments.

Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:35 AM

Congrats Rein!!!
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 12:36 AM

Congrats to you too Paulette
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 12:42 AM

Silver, bronze or junior there are some smart cookies here at ADRSupport. I've always been impressed by the clear thinking and writing.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:49 AM

Ditto to all of the above, and then some! I would not be where I am today without this forum. I now have hope and a plan in the pursuit of ADR. Thanks to all of you for your generosity and support. You have helped me keep my sanity.

annec
DDD, L4-4, L5-S1
Failed endoscopic discectomy, 7/04
Now pusuing ADR!