ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:16 PM

A friend who's seeing a "holistic chiropractor" is getting treatment with this machine. Anyone heard of this? Seems like traction to me.

http://www.axiomworldwide.com/DRX9000.htm
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Banned

Looking at the machine and the various options it provides, I'm sure one could have a comfortable 30 mins or hour there but for those of us like me with DDD,disc bulges,and other "stuff", I've been warned not to have traditional traction and I don't think I'd want anything that would work to seperate my vertebrae or pump up my lordotic posture.. unless I was sure that this would do no harm... I guess what I'm saying is, maybe for someone less screwed up spine wise, this would be a nice short term fix...
Old 07-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Banned

It helps your back by making your wallet lighter. While this may help some people in a meaningful way, my bet is that a very small percentage of patients get any real, long-term benefit. But, the application is for a HUGE series of very expensive treatments, that most people I know have self payed.

If you have progressed a substantial way down the DDD road... there is nothing about traction therapy that will repair your annulus, remove the granulation tissue, make the osteophytes smaller, etc...

Mark
Old 07-26-2005, 09:31 PM

Don't know what granulation tissue is but I agree with both of your "reads". At best, a temporary fix for those w/annular tears, etc. Thanks, ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Banned

Prior to my second surgery in 2002, I tried a similar machine called the VAX D, with proven results, blah, blah, blah.

I knew something was wrong because of the pain and tingling down my legs but my back pain was 0. I thought I could nip this in the bud, so to speak... but it landed me right into the hospital and my second surgery.

I also tried flexion/distraction therapy on a Cox table with limited success after my second surgery failed... but also found that different chiropractors utilized different methods with varying results.

I would stay away from this machine!
Dale
Old 07-26-2005, 10:52 PM

Ah Dale, I wouldn't go near this machine! Feh..
Old 07-26-2005, 11:25 PM

I was another sucker on the Vax-D train. My insurance paid, so at least I wasn't out thousands of dollars. IT DID SQUAT for me. NOTHING, nada. It pains me that people are wasting their hard earned money on these types of treatment.

Dan
Charite @ L5-S1 8/2/05 with Dr. Regan
Struggling with facet joint pain.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:16 AM
Banned

ans
granulation tissue is scar tissue..
Old 07-27-2005, 03:46 AM

Thanks Mariaa.

Granulation tissue for fanatics: http://tinyurl.com/887cv

Allan
Old 07-27-2005, 07:48 AM

Thanks for some more feedback on that. My parents saw an article for it in their area and wanted me to try it instead of heading down the (probably) surgery path.

David