ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:38 PM

Default More Double Talk

True? or False?

My surgeon tells me that removing the bone growth in the foraminal spaces and osteophytes will make it come back even worse.

At this point I trust doctors about as far as I can throw one.

One would think that by the 21st century there would be something less barbaric than the options offered. It's time for me to put on my tin foil hat because I think disease is big business and in the US disease is over 17% of our GDP and by 2020 it will be 25% given the current rate of growth/greed.

My main problem is C5-6 The disk is bulging badly and it is pressing on the left nerve route. The surgeon says an ADR would make me worse because ADR (the one in the US) over rotate. I know they over rotate but if there is enough space and the nerve route in not compressed then why would it be a problem? The M-6 disk is supposed to ask like a real disk so I hypothetically asked this joker what you happen if C5-6 were to become normal would I be in pain. He was not sure what to say because now he was off the script. I think he said I would be better.

I am looking for a clinical trial for the M6 in the US. I figure the manufacturer will make sure the surgery is done right because they want their product to look good. It's a roll of the dice because 1/2 the volunteers get a fusion ie carpentry vs cabinetry.

It is appalling that today millions of Americans are forced to do overseas for health care.

http://www.medicalholocaust.blogspot.com/
Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 AM

It is a great question if shaving the osteophytes fosters faster regrowth. I wonder what other docs e.g a maven would say in a second-opinion. I asked one "maven" about osteophytes coming back and he simply shrugged his shoulders.

I think that hospital-acquired infections are horrible and to be feared. However, I was a patient at Cedars-Sinai in LA for ~ 3 weeks and did not acquire one. They have a strict hand-washing policy and everyone who entered/left my room washed their hands. So - maybe there's some hope but naturally this is a small sample size.

Wishing you well. - ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.