ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-21-2022, 06:20 PM

Default Hello - Previous Double fusion now a disk replacement (balancedbac

I meant for the total to say total Joint replacement not disk oops

Hello I have only just found this group,
I had a Double fusion in 2015 L5-S1 L4-L5, my back has been playing up for the last year -18 months again.
Turns out I have another disk in a bad way with a 6mm hole for the nerves (told it should be around the 20mm range) anyway I had lost all reflex function in my right leg and kept getting terrible pain in my inner thigh upto my crotch area. I had 2 rounds of spinal injections and they gave some relief but not much. I did regain a very reduced reflex response on my knee mount but not much else. My days were spent mainly in bed.

Anyway I happen to live in the Cayman Islands and met with the Balanced back (3spine) Dr’s and within a month I have had a total joint replacement. 10 days on and I’m walking and doing well far easier then the fusion and already off the evil opioids. (I was on fentanyl 25mcg patches - I have less side effects on fentanyl than other opoids though) I flew to the UK just before surgery and met with a Dr I had treatment for in the past and we talked about artificial disks as well it was a 50-50 choice i had to make and I went for the balancedback.

I will let you know how it goes but so far it seems to be good.

anyone else had this treatment?
Joejet