ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:58 AM

Might as well jump right in with both feet. I had the L5-S1 overhaul done with the Charite model, 2 years ago July. Fought 5 long years prior to this, undergoing TONS of physical therapy, spinal blocks, until it got to the point I just wanted it to end. Following ADR life was great and the world was mine ! To make a long story short, I am now back where I was prior to ADR with the same leg pain, in the same leg, all over again. MRI yesterday revealed that the L4 disc (which was questionable prior to having ADR so they made me undergo a test to make sure it was not leaking fluid) is bulging and also has DDD !! (I also have slight scoliosis too) But of COURSE he tells me it has NOTHING to do with the new disc he inserted 2 years ago. Now I am to show up for a block AGAIN tomorrow morning (another waste of time and money) just to KILL time until I get to where the pain is so intense that it is KILLING ME ??? All over again ??? I am so sorry to sound so desperate, but if you knew what type of employer I worked for, not to mention the stress I am under at home. Counseling and depression meds are simply not an option. I don't have the time or the finances to take care of my mental health AND a back that is basically useless, and will do nothing but cause me severe pain for the remainder of my life, not to mention drain me of what little money I do make. I am unable to go to work on pain meds, but I can not function and be civil to people walking around feeling the way I do every single damn day !!!!!!!!!!
Any recommendations ???????????
justjulie (justwantingtogiveup)
Old 09-11-2007, 02:34 PM

Hi Just Julie,

This is just my own observation from your post, but do you have access to your MRI and discogram report prior to the disc replacement? At least it is a starting point for you to see what L4 looked like before ADR.

Is it possible that the adjacent disc has degenerated and is this an outcome that is an unknown for ADR? During my research, I asked my doctor about people in his study that had 2 level ADR and 2 level fusion. He said that the individuals with ADR/fusion all showed DDD? Also have you had a bone density test?

This site will be a good source of information for you to search for answers. Not sure I was much help but wanted to try and help.

Regards,