ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:29 PM

I can't wait to see Willie's triple Lundy!

Jim

PS - what's a triple Lundy?
Old 11-11-2005, 11:45 AM

Hi All,

I have sent a PM/email to those that have RSVP with directions to Dan�s house. If you have any problems don�t hesitate to call.

Sorry no diving board so this triple Lundy better have some spring to it. I�ll play life gard.

See you Saturday........
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 11-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Banned

Hi Jim,

I suppose your too young to have seen this movie, Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield, playing Thornton Melon. Melon is a millionarie who goes back to college to help his son, etc. Hollow plot but plenty of Dangerfield comedy.

The grand finale is his famous Triple Lundy dive off a three level diving board, hitting each with somersaults in succession. A real plausible scene but it is in tune with the 80s era movie that this was.

So that is it. You'll have to rent it on VHS I am sure or what ever to view it. Then again if you have seen it and now remember it then you can save the dough and go see a new release.

I was planning my own Lundy for show at the party, but without a three level diving board, all's you will see is a mild cannonball. Anyway it is a funny scene without CAD effects, just pure old stunt gags that look great. FYI.

Willie
Old 11-12-2005, 01:17 AM

Even though I was only 4 years old in 1980, I know what a Triple Lundy is!!! I can't exactly perform one at the moment, but maybe at next year's party.

We are up to 25+ guests and climbing fast. There is still availability. P.M. Paulette or myself ASAP.

Dan
Charite @ L5-S1 8/2/05 with Dr. Regan
Struggling with facet joint pain.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:53 AM

Dan and Paulettski,

I wish I could make it but alas I can't. I'm sure I'll miss out on a great time so party on.

Thanks for the invite.

ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:49 PM

OK, all you So Cal spineys, do tell how much fun you had chatting, partying, and celebrating... wish I could have joined in the fun... let's have a gathering for those of us farther north!
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."
Old 11-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Banned

THANK YOU PAULETTE AND DAN!!!!

What a great gathering. We had 10 ADR patients with 16 discs. It was great to see so many old friends and new ones.

It was especially nice to meet PabloCruise and his wife... and Rick. Both are adrsupport regulars, but I'd never met either of them. RickZ was there... he was pre-op and grimacing at my August party, but was post-op and smiling today!

Brad thinks that he was the star of the party with his unique Activ-L's, but it was really Willie with his incredible story of going to hell and back and looking great now.

Mariaa, JimM2, and Gary rounded out the adrsupport contingent. There was another adrsupport family... a young man (with wife and mom) who will go to Germany for a potential 3-level ProDisc-C in a couple of weeks... I don't know their user names.

Diane and I had a great afternoon... this community that we have is incredible!

Mark
Old 11-12-2005, 10:43 PM

I too want to thank Paulette and Dan. It was great to finally meet both of you face to face.

I had a great time meeting with everyone. Mark, I really did not think I was the star. I was just happy to be there. (Sorry you are jealous about my activ-l's )

The best part was when when pulled our pants down and compared scars !

I am thankful I have met such great people that I can share with.

Brad
Old 11-12-2005, 11:47 PM
Banned

Anyone with a camera there, please send me some pics... I'd love to put the hardware lineup up!

Mark
Old 11-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Banned

Dan and Paulette,
Thank you both so much for hosting this party, it was so nicely set up for all to be comfortable and nourishing (emotionally and nutritionally)!

Brad, I remember you at the Regan gig and seeing you this time I almost didn't recognize you as your eyes were shining bright and you seemed energized and healthy~

Gary, honestly like a dope I thought you were accompanying someone who either was getting or had ADR as you were sitting most of the time it appeared and so comfortably~ WOW...you done good!

Willie, ManOMan.. what a harrowing tale you told, all the pain and "stuff" you went thru tho the incredible miraculous healing was so ..incredible! I was just amazed and in awe of everything you and your family have gone thru and am so glad you are where you are today!

Pablocruz and wife, was great to meet you two.. again, there's one amazingly happy recipient of 3 lumbar discs and doing great.. the smile on your face would be a poster ad for multi level pro disc surgery w/DelaMarter.. altho it's more impressive just to see how your face lit up with your spinal success.. and oh yeah.. no jackhammering please!!!

Rick, I wish I had gotten more time to talk w/you tho it was great seeing you there and you looked really happy too.. just like a normal person!

Jim, I'm glad you're better, I hope you continue to improve and still, I was so impressed that you could stand in one place so long! Hey, happy moving, hope that goes well~ let us know how that all goes..

Dan, didn't talk w/you altho I hope you're doing better.. let's put some weight back on you? Paulette and I will help you~

Paulette, I'm so glad you talked me into going~ I didn't feel badly at all about being a discless wonder among all the "diskys" or discchicks/discdudes.. (you were the only DC I think?). All that aside, you did a beautiful job of pulling things together and making it all happen w/Dan~ much appreciated!

Others it was great to see you all there and the spouses/girl friends/family as well~

Mark and Diane, thanks so much you guys for the ride~ have a wonderful and safe trip ~

Great party all, tho missed the triple lundy tho I think I kept Willie too busy talking~