ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 10-03-2006, 07:37 AM
chasswen chasswen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 627
Default

well im not for the fusion but its not my back.
getting to and from germany isnt a picnic either.
dont fly usair there flight 14 and 15 both need new seats in 1st class.heheh and im sure you could have yourseft talked into by the end of the day.
chuck
__________________
ddd 1990
2003 mri,xrays,shots,emg
2004 discogram ouch pos l4 l5
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 AM
David David is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 455
Default

Quote:
....both need new seats in 1st class.heheh and im sure you could have yourseft talked into by the end of the day.Smiler
Highly likely, if not by the end of the week.

Dr. Y's surgical coordinator should be preparing the paperwork sometime soon, so I can wait a week or two and see if anything happens.

David
__________________
47 years old
Surgery: 14-NOV-2006; Straubing, Germany (Dr. B.)
L4-S1: Prodisc
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-03-2006, 08:30 AM
chasswen chasswen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 627
Default

david there is a questionair on pro spines web site you will need to fill out. if your bored of waiting
chuck
__________________
ddd 1990
2003 mri,xrays,shots,emg
2004 discogram ouch pos l4 l5
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-03-2006, 09:35 AM
LBP LBP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 446
Default

David,
my cobra just expired but my last attempt to get a hybrid approved (fusion at L5/S1 with Charite at L4/5) was denied. I had Pacificare which was bought out by UHC. When I pressed, they conceeded that they would approve the fusion at L5/S1 but would not approve the adr at L4/5, and did indicate that they would approve at 2 level fusion (since I pointed out that the injury to my L4/5 is the same as to L5/S1).

I am now on a state health plan for people whose Cobra has been exhausted. Was hoping to try a 2 level pro disc claim ...until I read what you wrote about no off label use being allowed May have to try the hybrid approach with pro disc with my new ins. Good luck to us!
__________________
Injured 9/01
Annular tears L4/5 & L5/S1
denied adr by insurance for 2 level charite as well as hybrid fusion at L5/S1 with Charite at L4/5.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-03-2006, 03:06 PM
David David is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 455
Default

The more I wait, the more I hope that my insurance company denies me. The instant they deny me is the instant that I re-contact Dr. B.

At least I will have tried everything I can, have been backed into a corner, and have no other available options.

David
__________________
47 years old
Surgery: 14-NOV-2006; Straubing, Germany (Dr. B.)
L4-S1: Prodisc
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Fortitudine Fortitudine is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 370
Default

David: Try looking on ispine - it's a new forum set up by Mark ******* for people who want the hard goods - Mark is a patient advocate who has observed dozens of spine surgeries, is friends with the top surgeons and has helped many. At any rate, he has a lending library that includes the proceedings of the main spine conferences - you might find a/some paper/s on the question you are agonizing over.
__________________
Cervie trying to avoid 3-level fusion
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-04-2006, 07:11 AM
David David is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 455
Default

Thanks.

I have worked with Mark before, as he was the one that helped me contact Dr. Y, Dr. B, and Dr. Z about a year ago.

I tried going with Dr. Y, but his hands are pretty much tied now by the FDA and by Synthes.

I really have no other alternatives anymore. I can either do nothing, or I can go to Germany and get on with my life.

More than likely, by the end of this week, I will be forwarding Anita the last email I got from Dr. B, in order to start my visit to das Vaterland.

David
__________________
47 years old
Surgery: 14-NOV-2006; Straubing, Germany (Dr. B.)
L4-S1: Prodisc
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-04-2006, 06:23 PM
letteski letteski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 814
Default

David,

You have been at this fare too long my vote is for Dr B and getting to the other side before more damage is done. You are worth the best and I would rather know you had 2 ProDisc riding that motorcycle then a fusion ProDisc combo. $ comes $ goes and it will always come again. Don't let $ keep you in this hell of a place you are in. My thoughs are with you on this very difficult decision.
__________________
Paulette
ProDisc L5-S1 W/Dr Delamarter Aug 23, 2005
L5-S1 DDD Diagnosis 12/04
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-05-2006, 05:54 AM
David David is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 455
Default

Paulette,

Agreed 100%. I waited this year, hoping to have surgery with Dr. Y, but it just isn't going to happen.

I will be contacting Dr. B's office shortly, as soon as I can coordinate with my parents, since they will be going with me.

Looks like I will find out what Germany is like in the winter (I was in München during the summer, years ago).

David
__________________
47 years old
Surgery: 14-NOV-2006; Straubing, Germany (Dr. B.)
L4-S1: Prodisc
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-06-2006, 01:43 AM
Mariaa Mariaa is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,121
Default

David,
Remember me..still waiting to see if WC is going to authorize a fusion at L5S1 and ADR at L4. It's been denied already, then the CA. WCAB sent me to 2nd surgical opinion (a formal one) who actually agreed with the other surgeons re a feasible idea. Now I guess I still have another years worth of waiting to find out the next move by WC...

I'm pretty sure no matter what you hear from the insurance company that even with appeals you're still going to beat me to having some kind of surgery done!!!

take good care! Maria
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 PM.


© Copyright 2006-2017 ADRSupport.org All rights reserved.