ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 AM

Default 2 surgeries

Hmmmm....lets see you could do the fusion posterior in the Us let your ins pay. Then go overseas or stay here and pay your own Adr anterior. The bigger risk is to have 2 anterior approaches as annapurna mentioned.

Either way doesn't sound fun. If you can get the funds together, my vote would be oot country. Your cost prob will be less anyway.

Good luck, I will keep you in my prayers.

Laurie
2009-facet inj, radiograph ablation, SI joint injections, cryoablation stubborn no relief
2010-retired d/t pain. more injections
2011-IDET of L3-L5. Pain unchanged, up 50 lbs!
2011-Lumbar ADR recommended by Ortho and 2 neuros. In appeals w/ins. May choose Europe for M6
Need to lose lbs
Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal57 View Post
And Janaya, I hope your recovery is going well. Please keep up the posts, they are so helpful to read.
Still here but have been having a bit of an issue with what I believe might be my facet joints. Hence the reason I changed my signature line. I might be wrong and it may very well be muscular in nature. It is nothing too serious but on occassion does cause me some discomfort and aches. Recently I have been feeling more of my right side with some nerve sensation running along the outside of my thigh area. Again managed by tons of stretching and core exercises. Actually, I just dropped by my old pain management doctors office and made my appointment for Monday July 23, 2012 just to see what he has to say. I am almost certain he is going to want to try either trigger point inections and/or a diagnostic facet joint injection which will be followed by Water Cooled Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation if facet injection is positive. I am also debating whether or not I want to try Prolotherapy but obviously I have already invested so much time and money with my spine issues that I am seriously contemplating going this route. I will keep you posted nonetheless.