ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:59 PM

Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of you had come across any insurance policies that would cover you for elective surgery outside your country of residence.

Has anyone had any luck or experience with this? (Regardless of which country you're from.)

Cheers,
Mark
Old 11-21-2007, 06:58 AM

Mark,

I'm originally from Korea and I live in Slovakia right now for work purpose. There r plenty of companies that will cover health insurance of expats. Actually, I;m shopping for european health insurance right now(other than my slovak one -_-.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:47 AM

Hi Mark,
I am still in the process of my claim for surgery in Germany. I was told before I had surgery that I was covered for surgery outside the US. However, during the appeals process they told me I was only covered for emergency surgery. I have now threatened to sue, so we shall see what happens. good luck