ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 AM

Default So Sorry........

Christine,
I am so sorry this is all coming down on you right now. I tried to return your vm earlier tonight, and left you a vm. Hang in there!!!!! We all know what you are going through and you are not alone. We all have had variations of your story, and if you can just hang in there a little while longer, you will begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You have support all around you. As far as the airline tickets, whether they are refundable or not, I would call the airline and try to speak to someone as high up as possible and I would be honest with my story of what happened, what I have to do, and that I do not have a lot of money stating the loss of money would hinder any chance of having the surgery I need so desperately. I would ask them if there are hardship exceptions to making exchanges for medical, especially major spinal surgery. If they say no, ask to talk to the person above them, and keep going. I hope you get some resolution with the airline tickets. As for the MD, I do not know why he is charging if the denial came from your insurance company and he was notified. Seems like a poor customer service move on his part knowing how many people look to these boards for support, guidance, and advice on trusted surgeons. Please call me tomorrow if you can.
Take care....
Love hiking, biking, anything outdoors. 2005 dx with cervical DDD and radiculopathy, given PT, NSAIDs. Back to regular lifestyle with very few problems until March 2011, hyper extension of neck created the "straw that broke camel's back". C5-6 and C6-7 herniation with compression of the spinal cord. Pain between shoulder blades and mild numbness down L>R arm. No conservative options-only surgery per NS x 3. S/P 2-level ADR surgery with Mr. Nick Boeree in England Aug 31, 2011.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Again, so sorry. What amount of money did you fork over? Will you get all of it back? Lizard, good advice all around...
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 10-03-2011, 05:36 PM

Hey, I tried to call the 727 #
C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 PM

Default ADR Support

members have helped me so much, I cannot even thank you enough. I will keep battling this and maybe be able to help someone else .... I am hoping soon.
09/2009 C6/7 Prodisc C ADR
11/2010 facet joint inj 12/2010 Rhizotomy TBI Dr. Cottingham months of relief
05/2011 facet Joint Inj 06/2011 Rhizotomy
7/2011 Dr. Zigler TBI, facet block and Discogram
11/18 surgery with Dr/Mr. Boeree..Thank God.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:04 PM

Question

Could you please talk to my mom about the best way to contact Dr Boeree?
C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:41 PM

Default Hey John,

I would be glad to, I hope Boeree can help you as much as He has helped me!

http://www.nickboeree.com/
09/2009 C6/7 Prodisc C ADR
11/2010 facet joint inj 12/2010 Rhizotomy TBI Dr. Cottingham months of relief
05/2011 facet Joint Inj 06/2011 Rhizotomy
7/2011 Dr. Zigler TBI, facet block and Discogram
11/18 surgery with Dr/Mr. Boeree..Thank God.

Last edited by christinlal; 12-02-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: update info
Old 02-07-2014, 08:20 PM

Default Adr for multilevels.

Hi, I was wondering why ADR is not done on a multilevel lumbar. Doctor in Orlando area told me I needed multilevel fusion but to do a single level to alleviate pain and in a few years get the other levels fused. When I mentioned ADR, he said no , due to the multilevels . To me it just makes sense that you should use adr for multilevels , especially if the material can contract when needed. With fusion of multilevels , there is no movement and the discs above will start to deteriorate a lot sooner than normal. I am not a doctor but I am trying to educate myself. I love florida hospital in Kissimmee but they do not perform adr there.
We are 2.5 hours north west of Orlando; can anyone suggest a dr in my area. Thanks Gina
Old 02-07-2014, 08:58 PM

Gina, this thread is almost 3 years old for the record. Anyway, multilevel lumbar IS done, but one level would not be covered by insurance, as insurance in the States covers only a single level. Prodisc, which i believe is the only FDA-approved disc(for 1 level) that most surgeons here use, has large keels that if placed below and above a single vertebra, puts that vertebra at risk for splitting. It's rare, but has happened.

If you need multilevel lumbar done in the U.S. i think some surgeons due it but you'd have to pay out-of-pocket for the other level....but i believe i read a couple posters here who recently did get multi-level lumbar covered for the Prodisc, how i don't know. I advise you to do some research on the Prodisc before allowing it to be put in your lumbar, ESPECIALLY for multi-level.

Feb. 2014 - Hybrid lumbar fusion(l5/S1), ADR(L4/L5)...2-level cervical ADR (C5/C6, C6/C7). Dr. Pablo Clavel of Quiron Hospital in Barcelona, Spain. All M6 implants (PEEK cage and plate from Medtronic at fusion level in lumbar.) SAME DAY OPERATION for both areas of the spine.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Gina, you can of course get multi-level ADR in the states. Several of the higher volume centers are competitive with Euro-clinics.

BTW, Gina, pls start another topic -- this thread was started years ago by Christina. Thanks.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate