ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
That disc is really degenerated compared to the other discs. It is very interesting, why that particular disc only. If I were you, I would try to get many independent opinions from different experienced surgeons. You need to show all MRI images to the surgeons. The lateral view is nice for a general overview, but it is from the horizontal slices, where you get the detailed information about the tear. The fact that only the one disc is so extreme may actually be a good thing. It is easier to fix an isolated spine problem with adr.

I find it peculiar too that traction creates pain for you. You may want to mention this to the surgeons. If they truly underatand the diagnosis, then they should be able to say why.
The height of l5 s1 is decreased a bit too imo, but it's still well hydrated, which is good.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 AM

My L5 S1 is half fused and i have small disc there. I think i will not have problem there.
@Blizzaga
I actualy had discogram and that discrabe annular tear better than mri. I have quite big tear there and they found contrast leaking in the foramen. So this disc is completly dead. No wonder why i never had any relief...
I dont know why that disc, they say genetic, thats all. I didnt had any fall or trauma to the spine ever...
Considering ADR at that level
Old 03-27-2017, 05:15 AM

And you've had constant pain for 15 years? It never got better?

I've some annular tears can heal with time...Obviously yours is not one of them unfortunately.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRobot View Post
And you've had constant pain for 15 years? It never got better?

I've some annular tears can heal with time...Obviously yours is not one of them unfortunately.
Hi FutureRobot, how long does your annular tear heal? Mine l5s1 has been a year seem better but i still can't lift thing more than 3kg and i have flare up here and there. I am going to do a discogram but not sure will it make the tear worse after doing it. Worry and worry need help !!!!
Old 03-27-2017, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmas2000 View Post
Hi FutureRobot, how long does your annular tear heal? Mine l5s1 has been a year seem better but i still can't lift thing more than 3kg and i have flare up here and there. I am going to do a discogram but not sure will it make the tear worse after doing it. Worry and worry need help !!!!
Annular tears can take a long time. Check the Chirogeek website, he states that sometimes 2-4 years. If you can live with it, it's worth it to wait. Regennex has also reported good results with annular tears as long as the disc isn't collapsed.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:28 AM

Annular tear can heal in some case. For me it didnt work. I waited 10 years to finaly get diagnose, because before that they only say you are to young, and they didnt belive i have pain from only black mri disc. Thats why my neuro perform discogram to se true pain source. You should consider discogram if you are planing to have some surgery. Honestly the discography proccedure was big big pain, but on another hand i was glad that this pain was every day pain, so i knew that disc and annular tear was pain generator.
Discogram result: L3 L4 positive discogram. Annular tear grade 3 with contrast leaking in foramen. Concoordant pain 10/10.
Somewhere on the internet there is grade 1-6 for annular tear and somewhere is 1-3 so im confused. Based from Chirogeek, i have worst tear grade 3. Im confused...
Old 03-27-2017, 08:02 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by perepere8 View Post
Annular tear can heal in some case. For me it didnt work. I waited 10 years to finaly get diagnose, because before that they only say you are to young, and they didnt belive i have pain from only black mri disc.
10 years is a long time to be in pain. Some believers say that the tears in a degenerated disc can heal by themselves, but it is just belief, not scientific fact. It is so sad that this lie is used by some doctors to avoid surgery.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:07 AM

I am afraid to go to surgery because i have no nerve compresion and pain in leg. I have big pain walking and that is a thing that killes me most. I realy dont want to have leg nerve pain post op. I am actualy living with this more 10years. It silly because i see alot of people getting surgery if not better within 6months. I remember when i was 16, i go to trip to Barcelona with highscool and i could not walk trough the city because of back pain. So my disc was bad allready then. I think is the time to go to surgery because my life will pass and my back will not...
Old 03-27-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzaga View Post
10 years is a long time to be in pain. Some believers say that the tears in a degenerated disc can heal by themselves, but it is just belief, not scientific fact. It is so sad that this lie is used by some doctors to avoid surgery.
Some definitely heal. It really depends on how degenerated the disc is. A tear in a hydrated disc will, but in a black disc the chances are slim. Problem is, they never heal to the previous strength..they are always susceptible (I learned this the hard way).
Old 03-27-2017, 06:33 PM

But the likelihood of healing after a thermal annuloplasty isn't good. That coupled with a radiographically dehydrated (black) disk means that the odds aren't in favor for any kind of healing without some level of intervention.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog