ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:09 PM

Default Posture Pump...

Yes, I am sure you have seen these devices but they have some pretty good videos (IMO) on their website showing how the disc wear down. I don't think these would fix an already dehydrated disc (could be wrong) but I am more interested in the stretching application of the back and neck areas.

http://www.posturepump.com/

2009 MRI, Bilateral SI Joint Injection, PT, L4/5 Bi Lateral Facet Injection

2010 Acupuncture, Discogram, L4/5 and L5/S1 Bi Lateral Facet Injection, PT, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 Fibrin Sealant Injections

2011 Right leg pain started mainly with movement of the leg.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Default A new one for me....

I was ready to say, "I am not buying it...literally." But I read some of the studies on the site, and I wondered if it warrants a closer look. It may be smart to inquire about a trial...and there are strings attached...

E.g.,

Prices do not include a fee for evaluation and training by a health care professional. While Posture Pump® products can be purchased through this website or by calling 1-800-NECK PRO (632-5776), the manufacturer highly recommends that you contact a health care professional listed on this website to purchase and receive personal evaluation and training on the use of all Posture Pump® products. In all cases, a health care professional should be consulted before beginning any exercise program.

http://www.posturepump.com/4100.aspx
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 05-22-2009, 09:50 AM

I am also looking at massage chairs. A used one can be picked up at a fraction of the cost. Some of these chairs are $5,000 plus...

So, far I am happy with my inversion table progress and will continue everyday till the end of June and reevaluate but feel like I need one more thing...

Wondering as well, if I did go ahead with ADR, if a massage chair or posture pump would be good after the surgery after some time went by.

2009 MRI, Bilateral SI Joint Injection, PT, L4/5 Bi Lateral Facet Injection

2010 Acupuncture, Discogram, L4/5 and L5/S1 Bi Lateral Facet Injection, PT, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 Fibrin Sealant Injections

2011 Right leg pain started mainly with movement of the leg.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:02 PM

Default Post Surgery

The best thing I found after surgery was walking, walking, walking and more walking. I currently walk at a pace of about 3.5 mph 1.5 miles x2/day and one in the evening that is up a large hill 2.5 miles. I think it is working. I also do core strengthening with ankle weights and Pilates Ball. Exercise is a great stress releiver too!

Paul
Discogram 10FEB08
ADR Prodisc L 10JUN08
Discogram 08APR09 for gnawing 3+ pain when sitting results negative
Facet injection L4/5 upcoming 03JUN09 Cancelled because pain is subsiding
Follow up on 01JUL09 with Dr. D
Old 05-22-2009, 05:17 PM

If you get this let us know how it goes. There's a big difference between exercising when you've already got good posture, and exercising while trying to undue messed up posture due to chonic pain. I've been working really hard with my rolfer to help undue my curled in shoulders and head hanging too far forward. We are making progress but it's painful and after rolfing I have to practice walking with better posture so hopefully one day it becomes natural again. I was well on my way to some of those little old people's horrible bent forward posture! I also do a lot of work on increasing range of motion of my low back by doing bridges and simple pelvic tilts to get used to neutral spine. I do this both in pilates and PT. I used to have a really tight band of tissue at my low back greatly limiting movement and my Hwave machine treatment made a huge difference in breaking up that stuck tissue.

good luck. whatever you do, this machine looks interesting.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop