ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:25 PM

Missy,

I'm am in recovery from 2 level adr. How did I do it? Well instead of having my employer provided insurance pay for this surgery years ago, allowing me to return to my professional career being a productive citizen, INSTEAD I was forced to file for Social Security Disability, and because it took years to hear my appeal, they paid me a chunk of money for back pay and footed the bill for ADR surgery through a private insurance company contracted with Medicare.

How stupid right?!?!!? I would have preferred getting it years ago. Now it will be such an uphill battle getting back my life and career being out of the loop for so long, and now living in a state where I am not licensed to continue my career!

What a waste of time and resources. Ins companies SUCK. (except for Aetna when it comes to ADR)

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop
Old 05-26-2008, 07:01 PM

LBP

4/7/08 HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Take your time, your 39, you'll do fine.

JL
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue