ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emibernal View Post
Lillyth,

I haven't rashes anywhere..... One naturopath doctor say to my this morning, you haven't celliac symptoms like diarrhea or mouth sores.....
In Spain there is no subvencions to celliac persons...

Emilio
Not all celiacs get diarrhea. Or, let me rephrase that, not all celiac get diarrhea while still on gluten extensively. Once it is cut out, THEN they pretty much all get diarrhea upon ingestion of gluten.

With all due respect, two weeks is NOT long enough for your gut to even BEGIN to heal, unless you are are going on a radical juice fast. And even then I would say three at minimum. You really want to cut it all out for a month to six weeks, then eat a piece of wheat bread. You'll know. Unless of course, you are an asymptomatic celiac, in which case you wouldn't feel any better, but your osteoperosis would start to slowly reverse itself. I would get a bone density scan before cutting out gluten, that way you will have a base-line for comparison. Then have another one done before you eat your trial piece of bread.

Also, I have been on celiac forums for years, gone to celiac conferences with world renown speakers on the subject, and I have never heard of even a single case with mouth sores, so I have no idea what your doc is talking about.

A caution: If you go gluten free DO NOT TAKE FOSAMAX. Fosamax will keep your body from absorbing the calcium it needs. This is a very little known fact, one I know only because I happened to be in a room of 450 people who heard it. Fosamax is designed to keep your calcium levels static. Which means if your gut heals itself the Fosamax will stop your bones from taking advantage of the increased calcium that comes with healing.

Oh, and for good measure, for at least the first six months, cut out dairy as well. It will help you heal faster. After six months you should be able to go back no problem.

I asked about the rashes because that is the only way other than the 18 months of endoscopy comparison I spoke of earlier. But since the government does not compensate you for food the way they do in Italy, a formal diagnosis doesn't really matter. In fact, most people I know with the condition do not have a formal diagnosis.

I recently contacted Celíacs de Catalunya in your lovely city. They were very helpful in giving me a list of FIFTY gluten free restaurants in Barcelona. This is a lot, BTW. I'm sure you contact them they can help you with what to look for on food labels. I know "Sin Gluten", but I don't know individual ingredients such a wheat, barley, rye, oats, etc., so maybe they can help you with that. They were wonderful. (Their packet comes in Spanish, Catalan, English, and French.)

Also, if you pm me you email address, I can send you a copy of a bunch of emails I have sent out over the years. Some of it is repetitive, and I have yet to edit it, but I promise to go through it at least a little bit for you since you are in another country. I will do my best to tailor it for Spain and such.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:58 AM

Thanks Annapurna,

I will prove this test..... Yesterday I had a bone density scan DEXA and is similar than 2 years ago: Osteopenia T= -1,7
Last 2 years I didn't take medication because I had to rest PROTELOS and then test again. My rheumatologist will decide if i will follow the medication or not.....
Next 25 of february I had a new visit with Dr. Clavel with the density scan and new MRI. I'm worried because in this moment I think surgery is the only solution and can be discarded.....

Emilio
12/1996 Osteoporosis (-2.96)
03/1998 MRI - Negative
07/2007 facet arthrosis L4-L5-S1
10/2007 Infiltration facet L4-L5-S1 negative
10/2010 Osteopenia (-1.5)
11/2011 Infiltration facet L4-L5-S1 negative
01/2012 rhizolysis L4-L5-S1 negative
04/2012 Ozone paravertebral muscles + Blood
10/2012 PRP L4-L5-S1 negative
02/2013 Visit Dr. Clavel: Recommends ADR at L4-L5