ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:32 PM

Our friend and member Paulette is out of the hospital and doing much better! [Big Grin] Come visit her and join her family for a barbeque at the "elephant house" on Sept 4th (Sunday) at 3:30 p.m.

***This is ALSO meant to be a gathering of the southern california locals who have or need artificial discs or fusion.***

They will be barbequeing chicken - if there are any vegetarians please let me know. If you want to bring salads, appetizers, or desserts that would be appreciated. Please let me know if you are able to come as we need a headcount. I hope all of the locals can make it!

702 Pier Ave #1
Santa Monica, Ca 90405

Dan
Charite @ L5-S1 8/2/05 with Dr. Regan
Struggling with facet joint pain.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:54 AM

Hope to be there if not swamped.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Banned

I'll be driving up from OC... Will probably come early and bring my bike for a ride around Santa Monica...

Mark
Old 09-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Banned

bump
Old 09-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Banned

hoping to be there.. packing going kinda crazy and of course aching from doing "too much"..(how can you not when packing?)...
Old 09-03-2005, 05:08 PM

I am so glad you are going to make it Mariaa. Not to worry, there will be lots of laying around if I have anything to say about it.

My Mom is in full swing, even baking a cake, my favorite, �chocolate-chocolate�. Dad has been to the store so many times and never complains. This is the type of situation where my parents really shine, they love to entertain and have a party.

So if you are going to make it bring your appetite you are going to need it!

See you tomorrow.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 09-04-2005, 03:34 PM

This is Maria writing (using Dan's computer)arrived at Paulette's late afternoon yesterday as friend Marty picked me up in SD (thanks Marty)and met Paulette for first time~ she is the picture of health really as is Dan whom I also met for the first time yesterday evening~

Paulette's Mom and Dad are so wonderful and dinner was great~ can't wait for tonight!! I feel like I'm getting spoiled~ her Mom won't let me do anything to help and tells me to "lie down and rest" and her Dad wouldn't let me carry my own overnight bag~ well, this is the life for me!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the LA contingent this afternoon~ take care all, and really can't wait for P's Mom's fav choc-choc cake.. (is it time to eat yet??)~
Charite @ L5-S1 8/2/05 with Dr. Regan
Struggling with facet joint pain.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Banned

OK then.... I'm not waiting till 3:30... .on my way!

Mark
Old 09-05-2005, 12:48 AM

I had a great time. Paulette is doing well but wearing a brace which seems smart; she also has a cool laptop that Dan advised on or something like that. Dan is doing ok but encountering a bump along the road which I hope evens out. Mark discussed his success story to some extent and Mariaa unfortunately was in some pain. It's great to meet fellow spiney's and Paulette's parents are remarkable people - fun-loving and gracious. - Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:58 AM

Thanks for filling us in on everyone's progress and the party. Wishing I could sit to travel so I could join in on one of these events.
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy