ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I sent Anita Peludat an email several days ago and have yet to receive a reply. I also have been in touch with "Harrison". Is there anything else I could be doing at this point to expedite the process?

How did you guys get your films and records to Dr. B? I saw in the FAQ's about photographing them with a digital camera, is that the easiest/best way? I have had an MRI,EMG,CT scan, and myelogram done. I assume they will want all of those?
I will try and 'divide and conquer':

1. Anita: Sometimes, it can take several days (if not longer) for Anita or someone from Pro-Spine to get back to you. Please be patient! (I know it sucks. Trust me: been there, done that!)

2. Anything else to expedite the process?: Email Anita / patient-affairs; fill out their questionairre; get all your reports, films, etc, etc, in order and ready to send.

3. How to send 'stuff': Yes, Pro-spine will want all of your films (MRI, EMG, CT, myelogram). The best way is to have them on CD, and then just send the images via email (usually, the original facility can produce a CD if you ask). If that won't work, some upscale film shops can handle those requests (turning the actual films into digital images). If all else fails, you can do what both Kim and I did (and a lot of people do), which is to send the actual films via post-mail to Dr. B's office.

Other things to keep in mind:

--When was your last MRI done? If it hasn't been done in the last year, you should think about having a new one.
--Do you have any recent xrays? Those wouldn't hurt either
--If you are serious about going through with Dr. B, then you will eventually need to have a bone density test (at least for lumbar ADR. Possibly for cervical ADR, although I am not 100% sure), and a bunch of blood-work done as well, but that is not until a few weeks beforehand (this is when you have sent in your $, have a surgery date, and are a few weeks away from surgery).
--Probably a stupid question: I am presuming you have a passport?

+ Everything that Kim said above

David
Old 12-20-2006, 07:05 PM

Consider sending your package Global Express Mail if you're really in a rush. It's expensive (~$50 or so) but it gets there faster and has tracking even through customs in Germany.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 12-21-2006, 06:47 AM

Thanks everyone, that is exactly the information I was looking for.

David:
-My last MRI was in January.
-Yes, I have x-rays as well.
-Yes,I am quite serious about getting my surgery through Dr. B.
-I assume I need to get the bone density test here?
-Not a stupid question about the passport. I don't have one yet, but I have my birth certificate and necessary ID and it is on my list. My wife has one from years ago that she just has to renew.

Looks like I need to get to work and get my records together. Thanks again to everyone and happy holidays.

-Ray
Old 12-21-2006, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I assume I need to get the bone density test here?
You would need to confirm that with a cervical ADR patient. I know as a fact that you need to have a bone density test before going to Germany for lumbar ADR. My presumption is that this also applies to cervical ADR patients as well...

David
Old 12-21-2006, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the help everyone.

That was not as hard as I thought it would be. I called the two facilities where I had the imaging done and they burned them on disc (no pun intended) with their own viewing software at no charge.

Ray
Old 12-21-2006, 01:06 PM

Dr. Fenk-Mayer has been unable to use the images we sent using Amicas viewing software. If you're computer savy enough, and I can give some limited advice on the matter having spent the whole morning fixing the problem for us, I'd include an extra disk with jpeg or other universally accessible version of the images to make sure that everyone can access it.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog