ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:02 PM

Default Moving towards surgery

I’m posting as a new member even though I joined this site over two years ago. I’ve been reading posts here and researching some during that time. Well, I finally have to move forward and take action. I finally have to admit that I need surgery. For years now I have been able to live and get by, but now it’s about quality of life. Pain is a great motivator. I will be making several independent posts asking some questions about concerns I have. I am very grateful and thankful that this site is here and appreciative for all comments and answers. This site is a wonderful resource.

Maybe by telling part of my story it will help someone. The discs consist of two layers: a tough, fibrous outer ring or cylinder (annulus fibrosus) and a gelatinous core (nucleus pulposus). A disc is like a jelly donut. Somehow my discs degenerated very badly. I have been trying for over a decade to get the jelly back in the donut for three discs. Hoping to regenerate my discs. Some of the things I have done over the last decade: [1] Lay upside down on inversion table most nights. Hold weights while hanging upside down for extra stretch. [2] many different back exercises to strengthen core [3] Purchased and installed a Hydroworx exercise pool. Had a room built on the back of our house and put the pool in it. It has an underwater treadmill, swim jets etc. Spent ALL my money at that time but was determined to regen discs. [4] Changed from the Meat and Sweet diet to primarily a raw food, high fiber diet. Regarding diet, I went from Homer Simpson to Jack Lalane. Mostly eating raw vegetables, raw fruit, nuts, seeds, eggs, herbs etc. I did everything humanly possible to regen the discs. Doing these things allowed me to keep my job and do a lot of things. My back did seem to improve and do better at times, however, the discs never regenerated. It’s time to look at surgery options.
2010: Discogram & MRI - S1 - L2 Lumbar DDD
2011: MRI same. Quality of life issue. Wake up middle of night with leg pain often.
2013: MRI. Had enough. Ready for surgery.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 PM

Default Redo post

Copied and pasted second paragraph from last post with larger font, so it could be read.

Maybe by telling part of my story it will help someone. The discs consist of two layers: a tough, fibrous outer ring or cylinder (annulus fibrosus) and a gelatinous core (nucleus pulposus). A disc is like a jelly donut. Somehow my discs degenerated very badly. I have been trying for over a decade to get the jelly back in the donut for three discs. Hoping to regenerate my discs. Some of the things I have done over the last decade: [1] Lay upside down on inversion table most nights. Hold weights while hanging upside down for extra stretch. [2] many different back exercises to strengthen core [3] Purchased and installed a Hydroworx exercise pool. Had a room built on the back of our house and put the pool in it. It has an underwater treadmill, swim jets etc. Spent ALL my money at that time but was determined to regen discs. [4] Changed from the Meat and Sweet diet to primarily a raw food, high fiber diet. Regarding diet, I went from Homer Simpson to Jack Lalane. Mostly eating raw vegetables, raw fruit, nuts, seeds, eggs, herbs etc. I did everything humanly possible to regen the discs. Doing these things allowed me to keep my job and do a lot of things. My back did seem to improve and do better at times, however, the discs never regenerated. It’s time to look at surgery options.
2010: Discogram & MRI - S1 - L2 Lumbar DDD
2011: MRI same. Quality of life issue. Wake up middle of night with leg pain often.
2013: MRI. Had enough. Ready for surgery.