ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:03 PM

Default Returning with T4 loss in disc height

Had the Dascor in 2007, still working great. Arms are on fire though... MRI shows no other degenerative discs, but the T4 is "a little thin". Need second opinion, but what the hell can be done for thoracic? very little information out there. Seems like there is not much motion to preserve... the idea of a fusion does not bother me as much as the lower back
Old 02-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Question

Dylan, that sounds a little unusual. Have your organs been carefully screened to eliminate any abnormalities or growths that may be contributing to these symptoms?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 02-08-2014, 10:47 PM

Default Interesting

Hey Dylan and Harrison

I too have a herniation at T4 and a slight bulge at C4. I have had a meeting with two neurosurgeon and they both said that my symptoms cannot be from these issues. The herniation is not touching anything and the bulge is only slight rubbing the nerve.
I have tingling in right leg below knee and my right arm is very painful during a flare up. The doctors have said let wait and see what gets worse and we will take it from there.
Harrison, what do you mean about the organs? One neurosurgeon said there is nothing wrong with your back and sent me for a complete kidney exam which came back good.

Look forward to your response.

Mark
Pain/numbness/tingling since 2011
Old 02-09-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Dylan, that sounds a little unusual. Have your organs been carefully screened to eliminate any abnormalities or growths that may be contributing to these symptoms?
No, but i'll look into it. I've been living with this about three years. Most of the pain is on-site, and then radiates down the arms and under the ribcage during flare-ups. Real rotten feeling between /behind my shoulder blades with bilateral radiation. Feels just like the l5-s1 before surgery
Old 02-10-2014, 09:02 AM

Default Fusing of T4

Hey Dylan;
They can fuse the Thoracic spine but it is not very common and they will not do it just because you are in pain.

espn.go.com/.../innovative-thoracic-spine-surgery-revives-david-cooper-...

There was a player playing for the Toronto Blue Jays when a disc is his back decided to let go. He has minimal surgery and is playing again. He is an athlete so they get better treatment than us regular Joe's but look at the link.

Most times Thoracic Surgery is a major deal as they go in for mthe front and remove one rib to preform surgery.

Good Luck

Mark
Pain/numbness/tingling since 2011
Old 02-10-2014, 08:22 PM

Default Guess it is Cervical?

My Thoracic report was a big zilch - absolutely nothing out of the ordinary with any of the thoracic discs. (Except John Regan saying the T4 may be a little thin)The cervical report was a little different though - mild to moderate neural stenosis on the C5-C6 and C6-C7.

C2-3: There is no disc herniation. There is no spinal stenosis or neural foraminal stenosis.
C3-4: Is a disc osteophyte complex at the left posterolateral disk space measuring approximately
1.5 millimeters with mild facet hypertrophy and uncovertebral hypertrophy. There is mild left neural
foraminal stenosis.
C4-5: There is a small disc osteophyte complex measuring approximately 1 millimeter. There is
mild uncovertebral hypertrophy and facet hypertrophy. There is no spinal stenosis. There is
moderate right neural foraminal stenosis and mild left neural foraminal stenosis.
C5-6: There is a small diffuse disc osteophyte complex measuring 1 or 2 millimeters. There is mild
uncovertebral hypertrophy. There is mild to moderate right neural foraminal stenosis. There is mild
left neural foraminal stenosis.
C6-7: There is mild disc desiccation. There is a diffuse disc osteophyte complex which is more prominent at the right posterolateral and foraminal disc space measuring approximately 2
millimeters. There is mild ligamentum flavum hypertrophy. Spinal stenosis measures 9 millimeters
in AP diameter. There is mild facet hypertrophy. There is mild to moderate right neural foraminal
stenosis and mild left neural foraminal stenosis.
C7-T1 : There is small posterior bony spurring. There is no disk herniation. There is no spinal
stenosis. There is no neural foraminal stenosis.
IMPRESSION: There are diffuse degenerative endplate changes throughout the cervical spine with
osteophyte formation and posterior bony spurring with multilevel degenerative disc disease and
diffuse facet hypertrophy and uncovertebral hypertrophy causing multilevel neural foraminal stenosis.
At C3-4, there is mild left neural foraminal stenosis.
At C4-5, there is moderate right neural foraminal stenosis and mild left neural foraminal stenosis.
At C5-6, there is mild to moderate right neural foraminal stenosis and mild left neural foraminal
stenosis.
At C6-7, spinal stenosis measures 9 millimeters in AP diameter with mild to moderate right neural
foraminal stenosis and mild left neural foraminal stenosis.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
any idea on how to interpret the C6-7 spinal stenosis measures 9 millimeters in AP diameter? Seems the ideal range a 10-13 mm. Is this why i feel like there is a knife between my shoulder blades?