ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:56 PM

Default Hello From Canada

Hello every one.

This is a great site for information and am hoping to find a spinal solution to my problem with ADR
Old 11-16-2013, 05:57 PM

Whereabouts are you in the great white north? We're in Mississauga ON and there's no ADR in Ontario. Two from Canada on the same day, amazing
Old 11-16-2013, 07:44 PM

I am in Brantford Ontario. I wish their was ADR readily available here. My only concern is going out of the country for a ADR operation and the follow up care that might be hard to find here. I read some Doctors dont like patients that do this.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:33 PM

Default Good day my fellow Canadians Eh

Glad you found this great site, there are amazing people on. You will have trouble finding ADR is our great land. You will actually be hard pressed to get help from our system with spine related issues. I love following blogs from from our American friends and neighbours how they get 3,4 and 5 second opinions. I saw one neurosurgeon in my 2 1/2 year journey and he said not to worry about my symptoms and no surgery was required, told him I'm thinking about going overseas for an ADR, he looked at me and said "carefull", there will be no help in Canada upon your return. This is very scary.

Our system is great a times but please note our neurosurgeons unlike the ones in the USA get paid the same wether they do surgery or not. They get paid by patient visit. This is good and will avoid any unneccesary surgeries but they can also easily not help someone they can help if the surgery " is not exciting enough" it is a double edge sword.

Good luck in your journey.

Mmark from Barrie, Ontario
Pain/numbness/tingling since 2011
Old 11-16-2013, 11:05 PM

Winnipeg, Manitoba here,

Coming up to my 1 year anniversary of a 3 level ADR on December 13.

Whatever you do, DON'T have back surgery in Canada. IMHO