ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:34 PM

Default Scheduled for Prestige ADR this Friday in LA

Hello ,
Well I've made the decision to ADR C3/4 segment after 8 months of numbness and back and forth with 5 neruos and a failed frominotomy last February. I am not a candidate for prodisc-C because the previous surgery removed too much bone. The prestige has a flange and large screws in the front. I saw the new almost approved prestige display model and it is lower profile with little screws and shallow ridge in the front.
My design concerns are from a recovery standpoint and revision question.

- Will these screw heads rub against the throat or muscle?
- Looks like after the loss of bone now and then this bigger device I wonder if a fusion would be a huge gap to fill?
I have confidence in my neuro he has trained others on this same device.

I also have atrophied pectoral muscles and a very occasinal numbness of the middle fingers. So he wants to do a forminal decompression at C6 and at C7 from the back. I have read a lot of this sites stories and wonder if I should:

- Go to my neurologist and see if C6&7 have conduction interuptions at different laying, sitting and positions. It got a clean bill of health 7 months ago now my right pec is smaller. I have always had the right shoulder numb/pain from C3/4 large spur.

- Will 2 incision sites drive me insane sleeping and swallowing?

Unfortunately I have cervical vertigo. I was wondering once the myleine interruption is gone will I snap back to my old self? I don't have spinnng vertigo just severe light headness.

THANK YOU for the help.
Mike L.

C3/4 large spur
DDD at C5,6,7
Old 06-01-2009, 08:02 AM

Default Prestige

Hi there,
Good luck with your upcoming surgery and hopefully you will get the relief from it.
I have a question on how they determined you couldn't qualify for a prodisc after a foraminotomy. I just had a laminoforaminotomy and I asked several docs if it will hinder any future ADR at the level and they all insisted it would'nt.
Did they remove more than half of your facet joint?
Was yours more than 50% or was there other issues?
Also was your operation minimally invasisve?
Or maybe the docs were talking about the Prestige ADR and not all ADR's.
I looked into ADR's in the past and pnr doc sadi he did not like the prestige because of the screws but did not read any posts of patients saying it is causing swallowing issues. I am hoping the Predstige LP gets approved soon. My doc said if I ever needed two and I had the prestige he could put a diff disc at the adjacent levels, one with a lower profile.
Rob

2001 MRI diagnosed with C6-C7 left side herniation. Pain and numbness in left arm. EMG showed no weakness. Oct 2007 pain returned so I had a chiro give me an adjustment.
That made me worse, after adjustment sever pain and EMG showed weakness. PT and ESI made it better and helped improve some of the weakness.
Feb 2009 pain came back again MRI showed herniation and noticeable atrophy on left tricep, forearm, and trap.
5/01/2009 Laminoforaminotomy METRXII