ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:19 AM

Default Hello newbie here :)

Hello all,

I've been lurking around here for awhile learning as much as I can about ADR and learning about others experiences. I'm 20 years old and currently considering this as an option, well really as my only option because I feel as if I am too young to even consider doing any type of fusion, I want to keep my mobility. My L4-L5-S1 discs are herniated and have bad DDD. I've been told that my back looks like that of someone who is 55+ and my 92 year old grandma jokes around with me that her back is in better shape than mine . The pain is starting to really affect my school work, I'm trying to major in photography and the work I have to do in the darkroom, out in the field, and the digital lab is really taking a toll on my back. It's making me miserable to the point that I don't get to really enjoy hanging out with my friends and I try to rest as much as I can to make it through the next day.

I have a few questions and hopefully some of them can get answered
-Would you do an ADR at the age of 20?
-Would trying to be a full time student shortly after doing the surgery be something stupid or would it be doable? (3-4 classes some online)
-How long did it take you to feel some relief?
-How long did it take you to get complete relief if you got any relief at all?

I want to thank all of you for sharing your experiences on this website it has helped my research a lot and it has even swayed my dad to being on my side! and that means a lot to me seeing as it is his insurance and he's the lucky one who gets to pay for this
Bad pain going down my right leg and makes it dance sometimes when I walk or while standing in line.
2 ESI's that did not help
2 1/2 years of PT helps when I'm there and after I leave until I sneeze or trip over air
Old 12-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Default Welcome...

Welcome, but sorry you are here. I hope we can help you. In the meantime, I'll look for a few similar topics that may answer most of your questions...here's one I was thinking of, posted by tooyoungforthis:

L5-S1 (DDD) TBI Clinical Trial What to do?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate