ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:30 PM

Default New member seeking advice

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and very happy I found some support out there. I am waiting for disc replacement prodisc C available now or the M6 when it is available in B.C. Canada. I wanted to find out more about patients who have had cervical adr and what opinions and advice anyone has to share post surgery. I have facet issues as far as my MRI shows and it seems from reading that adr may not be an option for me although my surgeon never mentioned it. I have learnt that many of you have had surgery in Germany or Spain. I am planning on sending my MRI etc to have a free evaluation with one of the Doctors in Germany although I do not think I will be able to have surgery there due to finances. I am then wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to have this kind of surgery paid for through our medical system or part of it..

Thank you for listening
regards
Kim
ADR C5-C6 suggested by neurosurgeon with Prodisc C
New MRI C5/6 and now C6/7 progression
March 2015 prodisc C5/6 & C6/7
Old 05-06-2014, 11:59 PM

Hi missmolly,

I'm from Manitoba and had back surgery in Germany. As far as I know there are no ways a Canadian can have surgery abroad covered, we can claim it as a medical expense and that's about it. I'd encourage you to send the European doctors your info, also send it to the US doctors as well that you hear about here at the forum and see if there is a concensice of their diagnosis. If live close to Burnaby there is a very good pain doctor near to you. He's not a surgeon but may be able to settle down your pain.
Welcome to the forum, sorry you had to find us!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:01 AM

Thanks for the reply stonewall....I am actually sending my MRI to Dr. Bierstedt Hattigen. I do live close to Burnaby and would love to know the name of this person who can help with the pain. Is it Dr. John Davis in Burnaby, just curious as I do have an appt with this chiropractor on Monday..thanks again for your reply
ADR C5-C6 suggested by neurosurgeon with Prodisc C
New MRI C5/6 and now C6/7 progression
March 2015 prodisc C5/6 & C6/7
Old 05-07-2014, 01:33 AM

I've PM'd you the name of the pain doc. He was the one that did the prolothrapy on my thoracic spine and got me going again. He also did prolo on my wife's neck. He moved away before my lumbar spine went so I never consulted with him on that.
Best of luck