ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:13 AM

Default MD referral needed!

Hi

I very much need to know of doctors in my area and/or the US with experience doing multi-level cervical ADR. I've been waiting over a year to see if my insurance co (United Healthcare) would begin covering the surgery or to figure out a way to pay for surgery at Stenum or Prospine or to get into a clinical trial somewhere.

Now I have no choice as I have deteriorated dramatically in the past two months. Cord stenosis affecting all limbs. Nerve root compression now resulting in weakness and loss of fine motor control. etc.

Are there any surgeons performing multilevel cervical ADR in South Florida?
How about anywhere in the US?

Thank you for your help

Frank
Old 06-01-2010, 01:03 PM

Default Also...

I should mention that I'm aware that of FDA restrictions on multi-level adr. In the request above I'm referring to off-label use of approved devices which I know if being done.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 PM

I recently heard from Dr. Musante at Triangle Orthopedic in Chapel Hill, NC that they are now doing a formal "out of pocket" program for folks who cannot get insurance to cover. For 2 level, I was told the price for everything would be around $22,000-23,000. I found out about this too late, and went to India, but I'm doing fine. Would have rather staye in the USA though for several reasons not the least of which is legal recourse should something go wrong.

Here is the website for Triangle: http://www.triangleortho.com/index.c...s/99798000.cfm
Old 06-01-2010, 01:34 PM

Thank you very much for the info!! I will be contacting them today.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Question

Hi Frank,

I hope it's OK with you that I moved your post here. There are many patients from Florida within this community, even Southern Florida. E.g., see this search result.

Have you already seen the risks & contraindication topic in Arthroplasty Central? Or watched the DVD? It's all important stuff for pre-op patients....

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 06-04-2010, 01:58 AM

Default Regarding Triangle Ortho price

jmichaeldail,

I spoke today with the folks in NC you recommended. They told me that 2-level ADR using prodisc would cost 40,000 to 60,000. When did they quote you the 23,000 figure?
Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 AM

Default Triangle Ortho

That is too bad. I got an email from the surgeon that I had seen there after I got back from India where I had my surgery. He emailed to tell me about an *out of pocket* program they were starting. He explained that the program would cost about $23K and would be one payment to Triangle Ortho, and that would include everything even post op complications within 90 dys. He said he would be sending a link so I could share it, but now I know why he never did. Sounds like they never got it off the ground. I got 2 level disc replacement in India for less than $20K including flight. I guess getting it in the US is still not a reasonable option unless you can convince insurance to cover. You can check out my blog about my surgical experience in India - Bangalore Bionic Boy