ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:44 PM

Default Miserable UK, multi lumbar DDD

Hi,
Hello - all advice gratefully received - feeling miserable - quality of life so limited and taken turn for the worse since January, when I had a severe flare up, severe hip/buttock pain, rings of 'cramp' like compression down right leg to the foot and couldn't weight bear for several days. Improved a bit since and just had appt with Prof Stephen Einsenstein (Oswestry, UK). He said DDD in all lumbar discs (apart from bottom one), multiple bone spurs - asked for MRI, but from X-rays he didn't think any surgical possibility, 'short of spinal transplant and we can't do that'. He thought leg pain 'overflow' pain not nerve compression, because I don't have numbness in feet - though for the last 15yrs if I try to sit in a 90 degree chair (or on WC) within a few minutes I get numbness down one leg across the groin and down the other leg - so not sure what that is? Do feel miserable - since last episode now can't sit in car seat without pain, whereas previously thankfully that was something that I could do in some car seats without pain. I've been reading about the possibility of multiple ADR - is that really possible and where would you suggest to go in the UK? Many thanks for any insight or info.
40yrs sciatic pain right leg
X ray/MRI DDD all lumbar discs bar bottom.
Couldn't find nerve compression.
55yrs, severe pain hip, leg
X-rays confirmed DDD all lumbar discs, bony spurs, awaiting MRI.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:33 PM

Alan,

Condolences on 21 terrible years of suffering. There are a number of ADR surgeons whose names have come across this site. The only one that comes to my mind at this moment is Mr Dare in Hampshire. I know that others will chime in UK ADR surgeons they know.

Welcome. I know you'll be able to get the information you're looking for here.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 04-15-2013, 11:20 AM

Sir Alastair, who still occasionally posts on this website, has assembled a similar board focused on ADR in UK: www.adrsupportuk.com/. I've never read the board but I imagine that it would be a great starting point for you.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 04-15-2013, 04:47 PM

Hi Alan
Sorry your in need of this site but your in the best place to get help and answers.
I had L5/S1 replaced using the M6 disc in 2011 in the UK. My surgeon was Mr Chris Dare, he is defiantly worth talking to.
Always happy to answer any questions
Mia
November 2011 L5/S1 Disc replaced with M6
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 AM

Hi Allan, sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm at the moment under Paul Rhys-Davies in Cardiff he lectures all over Europe and the States on M6 so perhaps you could get to see him. Here is the link to the centre where you can ask a question on line hope it helps South Wales Spinal Centre
2013 Nerve root block relief lasted one week
June 2013 booked in for ADR M6