ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-22-2005, 08:46 AM

David, I have been a patient of Dr. Yue's for just over a year now. My only concern for you is a change in your appointment. Don't mean to concern you but I don't think I have ever had an appointment that has not been changed in one way or another. Good thing it is usually the time but has been cancelled a week in advance and then I had to reschedule. I hope this does not happen usually they just send you a letter in the mail with the appointment change. Since you are out of state they must realize this would be a big hardship for you.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06
Old 08-22-2005, 08:48 AM

Just another note I think you are seeing one of the best doctors and is worth the trip. I am very fortunate to live so close. He is great and will spend as much time as necessary to answer all your concerns and questions.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Old 08-22-2005, 08:51 AM

Thanks for the info.

I am presuming (hoping) that since I am coming from out of state that they won't change my appointment without a fair amount of lead time (changing the time wouldn't be the end of the world though).

Dr Y: guess I should think of a list of questions to ask him, since I have plenty of time...

David
Old 08-22-2005, 10:20 AM

Yes without a doubt. As a matter fact prior to my surgery, (even though he did not do it, wasn't FDA approved and he was not allowed to). My husband and I went with a list of questions and he we went right down the list and he took the time to answer all the questions we had. This is why if you wait in the waiting room a long time please don't get discouraged because you will get the same. Also my post-op appointments I know he will want an x-ray done so i always request that this be done during my waid time versus waiting to get called in, then waiting to get an x-ray and then waiting again in the room for him to come in, it just saves from having an extra step in the process. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Old 08-22-2005, 10:50 AM

Thanks for the insight.

I am very much used to waiting in ortho / neuro's offices (already seen two orthos, and one neuro [not counting *** consultations]).

Here is a perfect example: I was scheduled for a discogram at 11:30am. I believe that I arrived at the hospital around 9am for check-in and other typical stuff. I believe it was around 4/5pm before I actually had the procedure (and there was another person who had a discogram scheduled after me that got a bit upset and walked out).

Considering I am flying from OH to CT for the appointment, I am more than willing to be flexible to Dr. Y's schedule.

David
Old 08-24-2005, 03:34 AM

Some time ago, I'd fly into Tweed from NYC or someplace like that. I flew United and it was a twin-engine plane which isn't as smooth as a jet (but fun!). You may wanna check this out. Best, ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:34 AM

Flight wise, I am probably going to go with something like this:

USAir:

Columbus, OH --> Philadelphia, PA --> New Haven, CT

David