ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:45 PM

Default New member / Dr Zeegers

Hi everyone, I am 57 and am currently laying in bed 20-21 hrs/day. When I stand/walk for 30 minutes or so, it becomes agonizing. I decided I’d rather spend all this time in bed as opposed to taking Percocet around the clock. Not sure how/if my coccyx dislocation is related to my pain, but it’s my DDD that is killing me. My neurosurgeon is pushing fusion on me even though he says I have only a 50% chance of success. What is success anyway? Increasing my meds and paving the way for additional fusions / no way. I hate the FDA and the way it suppresses life saving surgeries like ADR. I sent a email to Dr Willem Zeegers and he called me at my home 2 days later for a 40 minute consult. Very impressed. I was originally looking at Ritter-Lang via (Sue Hart) but their marketing/recruitment turns me off. Reminds me of how US surgeons work. I also have considered Bertagnoli & Clavel, but Zeegers is who I am leaning towards. His price for a base 1 level adr is 22000 euro and there is a separate 630 fee for his analysis and planning for the specific patient. I am not nearly as educated on lumbar ADR as many of you are. So, I welcome any comments, encouragement, or suggestions. Especially those with some things in common with me. Anyone here had a dislocated coccyx? I have not sat down for more than 5 minutes at a time in 12 years. Before the onset of the debilitating low back pain in 2011 I the coccyx issue was my worst nightmare but my back pain far surpasses it now. I am especially looking forward to those of you who had Zeegers do your ADR.
Un-diagnosed til 09. (Cannot sit)
Low back pain mild until 2011 - pull started a generator from knees.
rhizotomy Nov 2011 - zilch
Facet joint inj. 18 mo. (no impact)
Can only stand/walk for approx. 30 min
21 hrs/day in bed
L3-5 Activ-Ls (April 2014) Dr Zeegers - walk every day, swim 3 x week. Pain free, no pain meds. Extremely pleased with my decision
Old 10-23-2013, 05:19 PM

Henry,

There are a few posters on this site that had surgery with Dr Zeegers. Not a one of them has returned here with new problems. The only poster I can name at the moment that had surgery with him goes by the handle, nanfromsactown. She only rarely posts here anymore, but may respond to a PM.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011