ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 PM

Default I'm back

I had the Dascor implant at the L5-S1, which is working great.
Seems like my C7-T1 is going bad, lots of pain, muscles going crazy, some radiating pain down the arms to the little finger (like this 1 year). No diagnosis yet, but it feels awfully familiar. I don't want another 10 years of pain, if the Dascor was still around i would get it without hesitation. Would like some disc nucleus or stem cells options - what is out there right now? Clinical trials? Thanks
Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Question

Hey Dylan, did you post here before under a different screen name? Either way, welcome, I hope we can help.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Hey Dylan, did you post here before under a different screen name? Either way, welcome, I hope we can help.
Yes, although i don't remember which one. I was in line for charite, and then kineflex trials, then went with Dascor c/o Dr Regan. Great experience, got a life back. Still have back problems, but they are 16% oswostery as opposed to 49%.

My cervical problem comes and goes. Think I can live with it for a few years - but the flare-ups are no fun. If stem cells are available, i would get them right away. Seems they are only in Texas, and kinda pricy.

I would also get the Dascor, or something like it - but seems the others don't have a balloon, and i don't know much about them. Commencing research
Old 02-17-2012, 12:12 AM

get a firm dx first... don't put the cart before the horse!

i could have sworn i had a C7/T1 problem due to muscle pain and some numbness.... turns out it was all muscular. google T4 syndrome... i'd never heard of it til my PT brought it up. MRI didn't show anything!!! treating my muscles and all is well
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laid up doc View Post
get a firm dx first... don't put the cart before the horse!

i could have sworn i had a C7/T1 problem due to muscle pain and some numbness.... turns out it was all muscular. google T4 syndrome... i'd never heard of it til my PT brought it up. MRI didn't show anything!!! treating my muscles and all is well
Cool, i'll try rehab. The pain seems to originate right at the C7-T1, maybe i am going worst case scenario. MRI is a good idea as well. If i knew I was going to live this long, i would have taken better care of myself!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:03 AM

If the disk is just going bad instead of degenerated and bulging, stem cell techniques might be able to help but you'll need good images to see how bad you are before you can judge if they're possible for you.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 02-17-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post
If the disk is just going bad instead of degenerated and bulging, stem cell techniques might be able to help but you'll need good images to see how bad you are before you can judge if they're possible for you.
Yup, i'll probably miss the boat this time as well (unless a trial pops up in Los Angeles) They are only avail in Texas at a price.

DDD with height loss was my m/o for the L5-S1, feels like the same deal here because it is bilateral. I hope there is something like the Dascor, they really hit it out of the park for me. The other ones seem to be unconstrained hydrogels.

Ah well, you have to figure 200 years ago the life expectancy was a lot shorter. We have it good compared to then
Old 02-17-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylantatemgordon View Post
Yup, i'll probably miss the boat this time as well (unless a trial pops up in Los Angeles) They are only avail in Texas at a price.
What do you mean by this? There's stem cell options all around. They are outside of the US but Regenexx in Grand Cayman, for instance, isn't a long flight or a bad place to hang out.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 01-20-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annapurna View Post
What do you mean by this? There's stem cell options all around. They are outside of the US but Regenexx in Grand Cayman, for instance, isn't a long flight or a bad place to hang out.
Been a year, still having suspected C7-T1 Neuropathy. Radicular and on-site pain the spikes up to a 10/10. Weakness in hands, screaming muscles. Been rehabbing, accucpuncture, diet, cutting work hours.

Had an x-ray, disc height looked ok. No MRI yet, starving artist without health insurance.

I am talking to UC Davis about the Mesoblast trial. I know I have not had an MRI, but I have the feeling it is ddd (history, knowledge, revolving door spiny).

I would like to hear about some people who have had stem cell treatments on the discs.

I am also having problems with the T-11 T-12. Radicular pain around the ribs, and on site pain that spikes up to 7/10.

Need some hope here
Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylantatemgordon View Post
Been a year, still having suspected C7-T1 Neuropathy. Radicular and on-site pain the spikes up to a 10/10. Weakness in hands, screaming muscles. Been rehabbing, accucpuncture, diet, cutting work hours.

Had an x-ray, disc height looked ok. No MRI yet, starving artist without health insurance.

I am talking to UC Davis about the Mesoblast trial. I know I have not had an MRI, but I have the feeling it is ddd (history, knowledge, revolving door spiny).

I would like to hear about some people who have had stem cell treatments on the discs.

I am also having problems with the T-11 T-12. Radicular pain around the ribs, and on site pain that spikes up to 7/10.

Need some hope here
Not to sound flippant, but can you marry someone with good health insurance? I know people who have done it. MRI's are EXPENSIVE!
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.