ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:48 PM

It occurs to me that the problem of bacterial contamination in whirlpools has been reported on by CNN with regard to those wonderful whirlpool footbaths used for pedicures--women have contracted deadly staph infections. Seems to me that those of us with difficulty bending may be more dependent on professional pedicures--and, with my fine motor problems, I almost always have cuts on my legs from trying to shave. So, this is something else to worry about.
foraminal and central stenosis C5/C6 and c6/C7
2007 EMG/nerve conduction shows pattern of chronic radiculopathy
January, 2008: Prestige ST Artificial Disk Replacement, C5/6
Old 03-06-2006, 03:04 AM

I wonder if the chlorine in the public ones is why their safer? Or is it the continuous hot water?

Good idea running bleach through the jets, but is there a possibility that it could corrode the pipes and jets?

I like the probiotic yoghurt idea

Hucky

Treated for whiplash, PT, Accupuncture, Massage symptoms predominatly on left hand side. No relief.
Aug 04 C6/7 ruptures. MRI shows no deteriorat
Old 03-06-2006, 04:09 AM

:::sigh:::: I was looking at whirlpool tubs the other day since we will be remodeling our bathroom. Guess it's back to the regular ole tub again.

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09
Old 03-06-2006, 05:42 AM

I'm a big bleach user myself--just look at practically all the clothes I wear around the house. They were fashionable before their time

I've been told that saunas and hammams are much worse than jacuzzis, btw...
Old 03-06-2006, 09:47 AM

Being blessed to live in a geologically active area, I usually stick to natural hot springs that stay clean via continuous flow. Additionally, most natural hot springs resorts divert the springwater flow and bleach-scrub their concrete pools at least once per week. If you live anywhere west of Denver in North American, chances are you've got some sort of hot springs nearby.

I try to stick to ones which don't allow young children (hygienic reasons). Most don't have jacuzzi jets, but, I've found that the hot water alone can really help with soft-tissue pain.

I agree that a good soak following vigorous excercise really helps keep the back and leg pain moderated. A deep hot pool is also a great place to do stretching and flexibility excercises since you're unlikely to rush when you're relaxed and more comfortable.

Best,
Laura
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 03-07-2006, 01:11 AM

Yes, and soaking in bubbling hot Calistoga Springs water and also a Calif. a hot mud bath with Calistoga Springs water!
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy