ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:30 PM

Hi & thank you all for such a lovely welcome !
This is such an interesting site, i am learning so much more. I really do need to do more studying of my problem.
Poncho, i only found out i had Cervical Spinal Stenosis when recovering from breast cancer.
They sent me for a C.T scan of my head, i had complained of unusual headaches. They had scan done as a precaution in case the cancer had spread. Then they sent me to Neurosurgeon, from there i had Decompress Cervical Laminectomy on C3/4. Not sure if i was one of the unlucky ones i am now disabled. Then another M.R.I after car crash, i was convinced more damage had been done to my back, was shocked to learn i had prolapsed discs below C4. This was last year.
No, i haven't had second opinion as yet & no, as far as i know no spine-fractures.
I have got no idea what i'm going to do as i go into a panic every time i think of surgery.
Thank you all for your support, it really helps.
I had such a bad experience in hospital ( far to long to post ) I now also have P.T.S.D
Also, one thing that really puzzles, i don't know if anyone here will know, my surgery scar starts 3/4 top of head down to near middle of shoulder blades, does that sound about right?
Only my pain nurse seemed to question why i was cut so high up my head, she thought it seemed an awful large scar ! Oh well ! My hair has grown back in now
Love to you all
molinda x
Old 10-06-2005, 07:47 AM

Hi Sahuaro,
just to let you know Mark has e-mailed me, what a nice man he is.
I have sent him a copy of written M.R.I reports, maybe he can advise me. Is the usual thing, i had the reports explained to me but i still don't understand so opted not to have surgery until i can see what other options i might have. Good luck !
Molinda
Old 10-06-2005, 07:53 AM

Hi everyone,
just to thank you all for making me feel so welcomeAlastair, Harrison, Jennifer, Justin, Crystal, Fortitudine, Panch & everyone on this fantastic site. Wish i had joined much earlier, never mind, i am here now
Love Molinda xx
Old 10-06-2005, 03:29 PM

Miolinda,
Welcome......you have come to the right place.
Make yourself at home.

God Bless,
Jeff
Two level cervical Mobi-C (C5/6, C6/7) with Dr. Zeegers (successful)
Laser Facet Coagulation (left side: L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 & sacral) with Prof. Dr. Reul (significant reduction in remnant lumbar & sacral pain)
Old 10-07-2005, 10:53 AM

Hi Jeff,
thanks for the welcome, yes, i have definetly come to the right place, such a lot of information & such nice friendly people, is very nice. What amazes me is you are all so well informed about your illness ! I really thought i understood mine ( well, maybe just a bit ) now i realize what i know is just the basics, so ive got a lot of catching up to do !
Thing is, when i ask questions i dont really understand the answers, they are all pretty vague. I think when i refused surgery it was just a case of " well, phone when you need to "
My pain consultant asked if i had changed my mind yet & i said , no,. He just looked at me & said " you must be very frightened to choose the alternative to surgery " meaning i may become paralysed from the neck down, him saying that has made me even more scared !
I'm scared to have it & scared not to have it !
What a situation to be in, i wonder if anyone else here has felt like this or is it just me being silly?
I better stop now, i tend to get carried away when i'm writing. Bye for now.
Love Molinda
Old 10-07-2005, 01:47 PM

Hi Molinda,

This is the best back ADR/back problem forum around. Good luck, ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 10-07-2005, 05:45 PM

Molinda,

I keep thinking about you and wondering how you're doing with your decisions and such.

Also wanted to suggest http://www.chirogeek.com/003_CT-Axial_Tutorial.htm for a tutorial on understanding MRI results. So when you can set aside an hour, gather your exam results, your films (if you have them), your beverage of choice, and get ready for an education.

It's from a lumbar perspective, but we minority-cervies just have to become accustomed to translating the differences as we do our research.

Please do keep us informed of your progress? I, for one, will continue to think of you.

-j
Old 10-08-2005, 02:38 AM

Jenni-4,

Excellent idea
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!
Old 10-08-2005, 06:44 AM

Hi Molinda,
well keep on looking at options there's all sorts about, options are wonderful things
best,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 10-08-2005, 01:44 PM

Hi again,
thanks for that website Jennifer, i will be studying that later. Looks good.
Yes Ans, you are right, is the best site i have come across, could kick myself for not looking before now.
Alastair, because i have problems at so many levels i'm not sure if ADR would even be an option. Are any of you familiar with these things,
Minor abnormality of cranio-vertebral junction...
Assimillation of posterior aspect of the C1 arch into the occiput, C2 is elongated.... Disc lesions at C2/3 & C4 with disc space narrowing & anterior osteophyte formation, a little forward movement of C4 on C3 osteophytic bar at level posteriorly...C5/6 there is disc lesion....\cfs spaces about the cord are narrowed...C6/7 disc degeneration...disc hydration abnormality of L3/4
L 4/5 a diffuse disc bulge In other words my spine is a bit of a mess. Actually, i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post these things, so Alastair if i'm not would youlet me know? Ok, i'm off to look at that site Jennifer gave me. Take care all.
Love Molinda