ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:34 PM

Default Looking for help with workers comp - 3 level Prodisc-L

Hello all, I am looking for any help, prior successes and guidance you may be able to provide on this topic.
I live in PA and have been dealing with my WC ins co for 2 years now. Finally had to get an attorney as they would not respond to my calls nor my doctor's.

I have had 3 doctors conform that I am not a candidate for fusion surgery due to DDD. Frankly my life sucks right now but have managed to get through work up until recently when I started back in my "field" job. not much of a life after work...
WC does not want to pay for a 3 level ADR - I don't know where to go from here - not sure if my attorney is making any progress.

My history as follows:

DDD
MVA 2008 - L5-S1 Ruptured, L4-L5 torn w/bulge, L3-L4 bulge w/poss tear
L5-S1 discectomy 2009
Continued degeneration and progressive lower back pain since
Old 04-03-2012, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
Hello all, I am looking for any help, prior successes and guidance you may be able to provide on this topic.
I live in PA and have been dealing with my WC ins co for 2 years now. Finally had to get an attorney as they would not respond to my calls nor my doctor's.

I have had 3 doctors conform that I am not a candidate for fusion surgery due to DDD. Frankly my life sucks right now but have managed to get through work up until recently when I started back in my "field" job. not much of a life after work...
WC does not want to pay for a 3 level ADR - I don't know where to go from here - not sure if my attorney is making any progress.

My history as follows:

DDD
MVA 2008 - L5-S1 Ruptured, L4-L5 torn w/bulge, L3-L4 bulge w/poss tear
L5-S1 discectomy 2009
Continued degeneration and progressive lower back pain since
Was your initial back injuries to the dics in question at work or are they covering this even with pre-existing injuries?

I just had ADr on work comp in Alaska...
Old 08-19-2012, 10:58 PM

My .02, do not hestitate to have your case evaluated by another attorney(preferably someone aggressive/high power that you've been referred to).
I'm currently in a WC battle and had to drop my first attorney(worthless) and go with someone else that was going to take the fight to the city.
5/11: Second series of epidural injections(facets).
1/7/2013: ADR at L4/L5, L5/S1 with ProDisc-L by Dr. Michael Kropf @ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.