ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:16 AM

Lee:
Congratulations are in order for you! The fact that they made an immediate settlement offer indicates you did very well in presenting your case. I know what it's like to keep playing and replaying, second-guessing what you said and wishing you'd been more articulate. But really, it sounds like you held your ground and did very, very well.
Barbara
foraminal and central stenosis C5/C6 and c6/C7
2007 EMG/nerve conduction shows pattern of chronic radiculopathy
January, 2008: Prestige ST Artificial Disk Replacement, C5/6
Old 04-02-2006, 05:37 AM

You're far from a nutcase. A four hr. deposition is a terrible, grilling ordeal. All they want to do is mess with your head and you survived intact w/your father's words/memories to guide you. I wish you well. - Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:33 PM

Thank you guys! I am at a loss of words (surprisingly, right?)

Allan, hope you find that widow...
Old 04-03-2006, 07:55 PM

I have been called for a deposition at the end of May. It will be in my attorney's office, so I shoudl have some moral support. I am a bit perplexed simply becasue this is a WC case and didn't know this was part of the process. All of my information has been documented numerous times and my injury was never questioned. I am hoping this is a part of the settlement process to increase my compensation. The info here has been very helpful. Many thanks!
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."
Old 04-04-2006, 02:28 AM

Lee
It sounds like you did everything that you could and I agree an immediate settlement offer means that they are worried that you have a good case against them. I am sorry you had to go through all of this but glad you had your father with you when the going got tough!
No I dont think u are a nut case at all! I believe that our loved ones are in our hearts and our minds long after they depart here and I am glad u felt the comfort of him during that tryin time.
Good luck to you hope the worst is over
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion
Old 05-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Banned

Lisa,

This is really weird--I'm typing this in my office above the TV room, and the song 'Over the Rainbow' is playing on some old movie channel...my best friend lost her Dad recently, and this was his favorite song. She told me on the phone last week that she was playing a tape in her car of this song on her way home from work, and she saw a rainbow and felt sure it was her Dad saying 'hi' to her.

Strange that I should hear 'Over the Rainbow' while reading about your dad and his cardinals, isn't it?

Or maybe not.

I'm sure you did a great job.

Trace