ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:21 AM

Hi everyone,

I am anxiously making mine and my husband's arrangements to go to Bogen for my 3-level ADR for June 30th. We are actually leaving June 27th. I am getting excited, but I have a lot of work to do here before I leave, so that is tempering some of my excitement.

Anyway, we've decided to stay in the Hotel zur Post (under the advisement of Mark from Tennessee) in Bogen the night before my surgery, then my husband will stay there while I am in the hospital. We found this is much cheaper than him staying in the hospital room with me.

We are then planning on staying in Straubing after I am out of the hospital and staying in the business/tourist district so I can easily take short walks to see things and get exercise during my recovery. The Seethaler was recommended to us and it looks very nice and it is right on the town square. But we also found another hotel, the Hotel G�ubodenhof. It is also on the main road and looks nice, but it is a little less expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this hotel? The Straubing website (www.straubing.de) has it listed as a three-star hotel. On this site, Seethaler does not even have a star rating, but I know another ADR patient stayed there and gave it a high rating.

Thanks for any advice people can pass along! Hope everyone is having a "low-pain" day!!!

JULIE

If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:24 AM

PS I already searched the site to see if anyone had posted about this hotel previously or if it was in the"Information about Bogen" in the FAQ

If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:26 PM

Julie

You're a peach! Look at that; someone already took my advice! Hee hee! Now, to be a *really* good dobee, forward any information you get (or your personal report when you get back) about those hotels to Alastair so he can include them in the Bogen FAQ. Yeah!

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.