ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:56 PM

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum or I should say new to posting, I have been reading all of your stories for sometime now. I am scheduled for ADR surgery 10/10/07 and want to thank all of you for taking the time to post your personal stories they really helped me in making my decision to go ahead with ADR surgery (along with all the research I completed).

I am excited to start my 'new life' and will post an update as soon as I can after surgery.

Thanks again!
Christina
2005 Physical therapy
2005-2006 Various lumbar epidural injections
2006 MRI – Same findings
2006 Discogram – Surgeon recommends fusion or ADR
Old 10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Christina, thanks for finding us and posting about your big day! It looks like you are ready to rock n roll...?

In general, patients that have just one "bum disc" do very well in terms of post-op outcomes. Which surgeon / disc do you expect? Are you involved in a clinical trial?

Thx
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 10-01-2007, 05:52 PM

Hi Harrison-

I am not involved in a clinical trial, my insurance, Cigna, is covering the entire procedure. My surgeon is Dr. Gregory Keller of Jacksonville Orthopedic Insitute and he has performed many of these procedures with the help from a wonderful vascular surgeon.

I am extremely excited and looking forward to recovery and getting back my life. My husband and I want to start a family and my doc said I could have complications with my back in it's current condition so we decided to move forward with the Charite ADR.

My dad had a fusion surgery back in 2000 and his doc had to do a second fusion 6 months later (for DDD) and he struggled for about 2 years to make an almost full recovery. After seeing everything that he went through with the fusions, I knew that I wanted to avoid that at all costs!

My doc says I am an ideal candidate for this procedure and I know from all the research I have completed that it is important for this procedure to be a success. So I am happily, taking this step to a new begining....

Christina
2005 Physical therapy
2005-2006 Various lumbar epidural injections
2006 MRI – Same findings
2006 Discogram – Surgeon recommends fusion or ADR