ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Administrator

So many of us on this forum have battled insurance companies to seek coverage for arthroplasty procedures. There�s nothing worse than being in chronic pain and dealing with a penny-pinching bureaucracy; let alone finding a good doctor, dealing with other issues�

One of our members has done everything in his power to fight Nationwide Insurance, who will pay for his fusion � but not for his ADR. Check out his story at www.paybilly.com

Bill, we are behind you 110%! I will call the claim representative first thing Tuesday morning on your behalf. I encourage other folks to do so as well!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 05-28-2005, 05:29 PM

I wish Bill well; what a gutsy guy. I like the part entitled "Shrunken Head" too.

Maybe Bill could be a pt. in a clinical trial.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:21 PM

Well the old cat is loose and none too soon either. JL = Bill. Harrison, thank you for posting www.Paybilly.com. I had been picketing the local Nationwide Insurance agency for a week when the transit driver stopped and suggested a web site so passer-byers could see my story. The web site has been up about a week and Nationwide Execs are hitting it faster and harder than a shinny new lure. Between eight of them, their total hits are approaching 800. I do feel for the local agents, but I have a limited radius due to the pain and fatigue, often resting on the rear floor of the van 2-3 hr./day. Also, no one has considered my loss and my children's' loss. Best guess financial loss to agency is 2k net/week and growing. They are listening, and if you all would help me turn up the volume, maybe they will get it. The calls are 800 numbers and if you find more marketing for my cause, please let me know your suggestions. Thank you. Bill.
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue
Old 05-29-2005, 12:25 AM

You go Bill....you are truly and inspiration!

ADR June 15, 2005 WOOOO HOOOOO
Herrniated L5-S1, Tear in Annulus
Old 06-02-2005, 10:18 AM

Wow Bill - I know this has to be taking a lot of courage and must be zapping what little energy you have left in the day fighting this company.

Perhaps I am not reading this right or missing something here....but is Nationwide the workcomp insurance carrier for the employer you were working for at the time since this incident happened at your sales job OR is this your private medical insurance company that is denying you???

I am not from the CT area, but from Ohio.

If I can help you I will.

Perhaps, we can PM regarding this issue?
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:17 PM

Bill,

I fired off a pretty nasty email over to Jane. Hope it helps.

Dan
Charite @ L5-S1 8/2/05 with Dr. Regan
Struggling with facet joint pain.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:38 AM

you have my total surport billy!!!! i will call the greedy sob;s soon!!! as i am home healing form back fusion surgery..so i have some time on my hands...
your friend peter
Old 06-04-2005, 11:34 PM

I Thank you all. My children thank you. I know all the support anyone needs is right here, right now. Yes, this is an extreme effort in many ways. Friday I entertained several of Rocky Hill CT's finest. I killed them with kindness and passed muster, the van stayed right there in front of the new Marriott on the access road to Nationwide Corporate HQ. Traffic count 6k plus!! Would you believe the shift commander had a cervical nucleoplasty two years ago and knows exactly what it is like. Of course he was informed to visit us and wants info on cervical ADR. Nationwide was my employers WC carrier. Besides having an easy target of Insurance Companies, everyone I have met on the streets picketing all believe if they were injured at work, medical expenses would be paid. This is not a big expectation by us. I want to work. Somehow I will get through this. Livingston Taylor performed in our park tonight. I met dozens of friends during the course of the evening and everyone knows about Paybilly. They have told all their friends and no one is buying Nationwide Insurance in Manchester CT. I was on the picket line today and some people drove by and shouted "Paybilly". Cool.
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue