ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedix911 View Post
I can see it on my user CP but it doesn't show on here. Weird.
I see it now!
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 PM

Wow just like that. LOL. I didn't do anything.
-L5-S1 Broad-based posterior disc herniation/annular rupture superimposed on a circumferential disc bulge with impression on the anterior the cal sac and the lateral recess bilaterally compressing the descending nerve roots. Mild bilateral foraminal stenosis.
-L2-L3 1cm herniation and early DDD signs asymptomatic.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Wow just like that. LOL. I didn't do anything.
Ah, the mysterious lag that can sometimes be cyberspace!
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:19 PM

So how does it feel? I'm so exited for you and it's not even my surgery. It has to be a strange feeling.
-L5-S1 Broad-based posterior disc herniation/annular rupture superimposed on a circumferential disc bulge with impression on the anterior the cal sac and the lateral recess bilaterally compressing the descending nerve roots. Mild bilateral foraminal stenosis.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:01 AM

Thanks!

Mostly it feels like it can't come fast enough. I was going to cram Spanish all week while I wasn't sleeping (no pain management until surgery), but my lumbar took a turn for the worse. The only way I can stand is if I tighten every stomach muscle I have and hold my breath. This would have been one of those weeks that, but for a significant other, I would likely not have eaten.

I haven't even been able to lay down on my own bed. The only comfortable position is on the sofa, with my neck against the arm, and my tailbone tucked in between the cushions with my body across the couch.

At this point, just being under anesthesia and unconscious of the pain looks attractive!

I can totally see me on Monday "Do I HAVE to wait until 3:30? Can't we do it NOW?!?!" LOL!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 AM

I hear you. Well hang in there for 3 more days. You are almost there and I'm sure you are gonna be all right. Best of luck friend.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I hear you. Well hang in there for 3 more days. You are almost there and I'm sure you are gonna be all right. Best of luck friend.
Thank you! As I said to my husband, only one more night of this hell. When he pointed out that the surgery wasn't for three more days I told him, "Yes, but that is a different hell. At least I will be distracted by airports, airplanes, and a brand new city to explore!"

It really is amazing how close we can all feel to one another even though we have never met, isn't it?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
Thank you! As I said to my husband, only one more night of this hell. When he pointed out that the surgery wasn't for three more days I told him, "Yes, but that is a different hell. At least I will be distracted by airports, airplanes, and a brand new city to explore!"

It really is amazing how close we can all feel to one another even though we have never met, isn't it?
Lillyth, we all can imagine the chronic pain, the sturggles to find treatment and the whole decision making process. I can imagine how you must feel right now,finally the time arrived where you can see yourself without major pain and healing from the psychological and physiological stress.
When I woke up from anesthesia, the doc told me that I was smiling!!!
All my symtoms are GONE!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post

Now that you mention I was just thinking the same thing all week. My best guess is that until you have experience the hell that is Spine problems you have no clue how bad it is no matter how many times you explain it a healthy individual will never get it. This is the only place where I feel like people actually gets me and understand how frustrating besides painfull and everything else this terrible disease can be. Good luck have a safe flight.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia K. View Post
Lillyth, we all can imagine the chronic pain, the sturggles to find treatment and the whole decision making process. I can imagine how you must feel right now,finally the time arrived where you can see yourself without major pain and healing from the psychological and physiological stress.
When I woke up from anesthesia, the doc told me that I was smiling!!!
I hope to wake up laughing!

And yeah, I feel very much at peace.