ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:41 PM

Default Regards to all!

I m one young male who is out of play from november 2016 because of back problems. I had a lumbar problem on L4L5 DDD discovered in May 2012, but at that time it was no big deal and after a PT therapy and few chiropractor treatmant it was very good.
My problems started as i once said in november 2016 in my lower back and my MRI shows DDD on L4L5 spinal stenosis iv foramen stenosis because of disc degenerated so much and in contact with L5 nerve roots and mild anular bulge on l3l4 and l5s1 with free spinal canal and intact iv foramen with no any compression on nerves and two of them are well hidrated. EMG showed L5 mild bilaterally compression. My problem after doing a recovery and PT is that i have a mild bilaterally leg tingling occasionally on lateral sides and a pain in area on L4L5 when i take a longer walke or sit for long periods, but is just in the area of L4L5.

When i was in recovery my doc advised me to do the MRI of all spine just in case because i m young and i started at that time to have a spasms in my upper trapezius to often.....and he predicted well......

MRI of cervical shows a protrusion on C6C7 and C7Th1 foraminal stenosis with no spinal stenosis, EMG showed compresion of C7 and C8 nerve root on both sides. My issue on cervical segment is spasms on my upper trapezius where the c7 and c8 dermatoms are and those spasms give me stiffnes and tightness in my neck, massagge does help but temporarliy.

And the last is MRI of thoracic spine that showed a small schmorle nodes from TH5 to TH12, TH8 vertebral is a little wedged where i feal a little pain sometimes in some body positions and some muscle spasms.

My intension is not to bother anyone, just to speak freely with people with same conditions and find a good outcame for all of us.

I m not on a lot pain killers, just from time to time.....but when i consider that i was healty hole my life until november and that i m only 32 and wante to have a active life ...

Last edited by pichaku; 05-06-2017 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:06 AM

Same age/problems as you, minus the lower back stuff. Stay strong, friend. You may have to make some lifestyle modifications, but everything is going to be ok. You live in a time where we can actually get something more than a fusion done, so stay positive and do some PT. PM me if you ever need to chat.
C5-6: Central right paracentral 2mm disc osteophyte fomplex. Abuts ventral cord with some cord flattening.
C6-7: Disc desiccation with broad based central 1.5mm disc osteophyte complex.