ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-07-2007, 06:50 AM

Thank you Harrison, we will catch up.

After reading about the possible Lyme connection, I do have high cholesterol and have had really bad kidney function at times - high creatinine, out of the blue. My GP told me I was at 40% function twice and had me rush to the nephrologist who told me it was outside of normal but not to worry (just to stop taking any vitamins - one of those Drs who things you should get all your vitamins from food).

Also, at times I get strange little bump/blemishes like small staff infections usually on my temples, sort of like acne, sort of like small sores, like little burn marks that heal slowly. Not all the time, but at randome times.

The more I think about it the more it's a lot of autoimmune symptoms. Sicca, lots of allergies, food sensitivities. My skin gets flushed and inflamed at times and photo sensitive - get's red and blotching when I get in the sun instead of tan. Other times I tan quicly and normally.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:54 AM

... also borderline liver readings (may be from the statin I take for cholesterol - Zocor. This got a little better when I started on milk thistle) and a history of wierd heart symptims that come and go. Irregular beats, skipped beats, inverted T waves, angina, then the next time I get checked or go to have a stress test all the readings are perfect...
Old 07-07-2007, 12:23 PM

JM,
Harrison helped me with finding the right lab to correctly check for Lyme strains. He suggested Igenix labs to me and I sent out two different test. One was IGG western blot and the other was IGM western blot. I have joint problems going on also. I was an advid bodybuilder for many years but recent joint problems have slowed me down considerably. These test may be a good way to rule out joint degeneration from Lyme disorders.JF110
Old 07-07-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Igenix labs
jf110: I reviewed their website and it looks like they have a good list of tests. Can I as a patient order these tests and administer them? Would I be expected to take my own blood samples? Thanks...
Old 07-07-2007, 04:39 PM

In order to have the tests done, Igenix must have an order from a MD, DO or other licensed doctor. You can order the kit from Igenix but you'll need the doctor help with the blood draw and the authorization.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 07-08-2007, 08:51 AM

JM,
Just like Annapurna said, get your local doctor to sign for the test and have the samples sent via Fed-X to Igenix labs. They will screen the test and send results back to your local doctor.(When you go to have blood drawn, have the Fed-X shipment package ready to go there so they can send out to Igenix the same day. This is important.JF110
Old 07-09-2007, 05:39 PM

I know this sounds wild, but since the subject of tick-bourne diseases has been brought up, has anyone with multi-level DDD on this forum ever had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever? I had it as a child and was wondering if there could possibly be a correlation.

Thx,
Ray
Old 07-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Ray, that's quite a coincidence you posted this. I talked to several people in the past month that have either tested positive for this, or have members in their family that do. Hopefully they will chime in soon.

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 07-15-2007, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Folks, even though this article is from 1998, it clearly presents a unified theory of disease that can cause some of the complex problems we see in this (and other) topics on this forum.

This is a well-written but long paper. I urge you to read it carefully; I’ll eventually post it elsewhere given its potential importance in helping patients “do the math.”

The Lancet 1998; 351:197-202
DOI:10.1016/S0140-6736(97)09522-6

Septic arthritis
HTML version - Registration required; or see attached.
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...95226/fulltext

PDF version attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Septic_Arthritis.pdf (86.9 KB, 5 views)
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 07-16-2007, 08:28 PM

Wow, Harrison, just skimmed through your doc on septic arthritis. Forgot to mention before I had an attack of septic bursitis in my elbow several years back. One minute I was typing away at my desk, an hour later my elbow was the size of a tennis ball and in intense pain. Weeks of IV antibiotics (leviquin, after the first cillin-based antib. they used gave me horrible hives) and the elbow still bugs me.

(Note: site admin deleted personal information relating to doctor.)