ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:31 PM

Default Hi. New Here

Hi, everyone. I am Renee, and I have been suffering for years now, years because I was warned how bad fusion surgery would be for me. I have had a hard time finding out what I need to know about getting disc implants. Now, I just don't have the funds for it. I've been through quite a lot of trauma and the lawyer i hired for the car accident never filed during the statue of limitations! and I'm pretty sure he was paid off by the insurance company. They called me everyday, some mornings at 5:30! I didn't hire an atty until 5 months after the accident, and wow the lady that was so persistent in calling me daily (and while I was still strapped the board in the e.r.) was furious with me. I digress. My injuries are in my neck, and the spinal cord is injured too. It's being flattened and forced against the lamina at c4-5 and c5-6 and I've experienced temp paralysis two times with my reflexes just going off without any stimulus. So, i was told to go the e.r. I really need to figure out what insurance to buy in addition to my medicare (I've lost everything because of these injuries, my career i miss the most). I have tricare too. It's so expensive for disc implants. Wow!
I hope to meet others that can help me, and i hope that one day I'm able to help you, too. (((Sobs))) I really need help.

Thank you.
Née Née
Mild bilateral facet hypertrophy C2-C6 and with severe posterior osteophyte complex from C2-3/C5-6. Herniations at C3 to C5-6 with severe bilataral foramimal and canal stenosis at C4-5/C5-6 contacting cord. SURGEON REPORT: Moderate to severe cord compression C4-5/C5-6. Flattening cord at C4-5 Severe narrowing of the C5 nerve root. Cord is compressed, forced against lamina. C4-5/C5-6 worst. ADR suggested at C3-4, C4-5 and C5-6 Associated Diagnoses: Brachial Neuritis
Old 06-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Question

Sorry for the delayed reply!

When was your accident? Can you tell us more about your spinal health, and/or your radiology report?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 08-05-2014, 07:32 PM

Default Screwed Over By Lawyer In Car Accident

Let do the hokey pokey and turn ourselves around....that's what it's all about.
Mild bilateral facet hypertrophy C2-C6 and with severe posterior osteophyte complex from C2-3/C5-6. Herniations at C3 to C5-6 with severe bilataral foramimal and canal stenosis at C4-5/C5-6 contacting cord. SURGEON REPORT: Moderate to severe cord compression C4-5/C5-6. Flattening cord at C4-5 Severe narrowing of the C5 nerve root. Cord is compressed, forced against lamina. C4-5/C5-6 worst. ADR suggested at C3-4, C4-5 and C5-6 Associated Diagnoses: Brachial Neuritis

Last edited by Renee771; 08-05-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Forgot to thank
Old 08-05-2014, 08:25 PM

I apologize but I can't think of any easy suggestions for help but don't feel that whatever you did or didn't do made your condition your fault. There would be very few of us that would make it out of our childhood without being curled up in our navels if we all had to suffer in pain for every mistake we made.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 08-05-2014, 09:19 PM

Default Pathetic

This was a pathetic introduction.

Sorry.

I have nothing to share.
Thank you.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:21 AM

Renee,

I don't find your introduction pathetic at all. It is horrible that you have gone through this. Many of us who first post here introduce ourselves with a cry for help. I did! That's what I see your introduction as, and that is what this forum is for.

I pray your pain lessens and your situation improves with the best possible outcome for you.
MRI 6/5/14- Ruptured L4-5, bulge at L2-3 and L5-S1 Dr recommends discectomy of L4-5 but won't do surgery until cervical is stable
8/2014- 8 months/3 rounds of appeals, Aetna denies 2 level cervical ADR
2 level ADR w/ mobi-c C5-7 Jan 7, 2015
Old 08-06-2014, 12:25 PM

I agree Kelly, and that's a great message.

Everyone is here for a reason, and it's great to be able to share your story amongst people that can empathise with the situation you're in. You shouldn't feel pathetic at all Renee.

L5/S1 degenerative disc disease and disc bulge, no spinal nerve impingement. Nil issues with other discs and facet joints.

2010 - Rugby/Gym injury, ongoing pain
2010-14 - Conservative treatment failed
July 2014 - Anterior lumbar artificial disc replacement with an M6-L prosthesis
Old 08-06-2014, 09:37 PM

Renee,

I am very sorry to hear about what you are going through. I'm a little confused by your first posting. Who was this persistent woman who was calling you all the time? Was she someone trying to collect money from you for unpaid bills? Btw, I am not an attorney, but I do know that just like other professionals, they can be sued for malpractice. It might not be easy to find one (getting a lawyer to sue another lawyer) but they are out there. At the very least, you might consider filing a complaint with the bar association in the state that this attorney practices.

While these boards are for ADR and I was two weeks from getting ADR myself, I want to point out that fusion in certain cases is not a terrible thing. I've had two levels in my cervical spine and lumbar spine. I am doing very well, knock on wood. If one has all the money in the world, I would probably recommend the ADR route overseas. However, in your case, you need to get some sort of insurance period. Trying to get it to cover ADR is not easy. However, fusion will most likely be covered once you have a policy. While it may not be as good as ADR, it should help you get some of your life back. You mentioned partial paralysis. You don't want that to become permanent. You've got to do something ASAP. Once you get insurance, I recommend contacting Texas Back Institute. They do everything (fusions, ADR, minimally invasive procedures, etc) and I've been told by others on this board that they work with your insurance.

Good luck to you!!

Gene
2008 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on left side
Feb, 2010 - Cervical Fusion C4/C5
Dec, 2010 - Lumbar Fusion L3/L5
2013 - Bulge on C5/C6; herniation C6/C7 right side
Mar 26, 2013 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on right side
May 5, 2015 - ADR with Dr Blumenthal of TBI for C5/C6 using Mobi-C
Old 08-12-2014, 08:59 AM

Red face Thank you

I should really be replying on my desktop but on phone, and crossing my fingers I do this right. I thank all of you for your support and your suggestions. I am sincerely grateful. God bless ALL of you. It means the world to me. I will contact The Texas Back Institute today.I have a list of places to contact and they are on my list. I dont have anyone to help me so traveling at this point is too difficult Harrison is aware of the travels I made to Colorado for stem cell injections and an ADR but that man took "a lot" from me. I dont have what it takes to travel by myself anymore (and I must warn all of you about this doctor, and I shall in a different thread, in Colorado who was took me for quite a ride...one of the doctors that was observing gave me the number to an attorney before he left. Thats pretty interesting).

Would I serve myself well by taking out a loan for surgery?

I didnt know I could do a legal malpractice until it was too late. I feel perfectly idiotic for not realizing this. Lawyers can be hero's, right? I'd like to believe they can save a person if they wish.

Im suffering from severe depression lately. Quite severe.
I'll be back.
Smiles.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:53 AM

Hi Renee, many of us have been where you are at right now. I thought about checking out of this world on many occasions when I was at my lowest point. I would encourage you to seek the comfort that only God (thru Jesus Christ) can provide. I am absolutely sure that He has a plan or solution for you. It's always a 2 way deal though, He requires one thing and one thing only on your part. Seek Him out and let him give you the strength it will require to overcome this. My faith was tested as I was going thru an awful period in my life, but I never lost hope in the Almighty and even though I was suffering He never left my side.

Isaiah 41:10:
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Un-diagnosed til 09. (Cannot sit)
Low back pain mild until 2011 - pull started a generator from knees.
rhizotomy Nov 2011 - zilch
Facet joint inj. 18 mo. (no impact)
Can only stand/walk for approx. 30 min
21 hrs/day in bed
L3-5 Activ-Ls (April 2014) Dr Zeegers - walk every day, swim 3 x week. Pain free, no pain meds. Extremely pleased with my decision