ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-13-2006, 06:48 PM

Hello Everyone,

Just got back home to New Orleans. I had my surgery on January 19th. I was given the Charite ADR. All went well. I posted on "ADR Surgical Outcomes" to let everyone know how things went. Glad to answer any questions anyone might have.

Margaret
Old 02-14-2006, 03:46 PM

Margaret,
Congratulations on your new Charite. You had mentioned a preference for the Kineflex, but the Charite is a proven prosthesis with a long, well established history of success. Regarding facets, remember, the notion that the Charite is "harder" on the facets is an idea that only resides in somebody's mind; not in actual fact.

God Bless,
Jeff
Two level cervical Mobi-C (C5/6, C6/7) with Dr. Zeegers (successful)
Laser Facet Coagulation (left side: L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1 & sacral) with Prof. Dr. Reul (significant reduction in remnant lumbar & sacral pain)
Old 02-19-2006, 12:31 PM

Jeff,

Oh thank you for telling me this. I was really worried about having facet problems later on down the road. I am just happy to have an artificial disk implant rather than going through the fusion sugery. The recovery time is much faster with the ADR. Hospital stay is typically shorter too.

How is your implant doing? How are you feeling now that it's been a year?
Old 02-22-2006, 09:54 PM

Hello all, I too was turned down by my ins carrier Carefirst blue choice. In maryland my surgeon is Dr. Paul McAfee who enrolled me in the Kineflex study for replacement of L4/L5. On mon. Feb. 13 I recieved the Kineflex adr and so far the improvement in my life is scary-good. I have a posting on outcomes and any help I can be please ask. (gonna have a bit of time on my hands)