ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:40 PM

I just found out the date for my appointment with Dr. John Devine at Madigan Army Medical Center on 22 Sept @ 9:30. I will be flying from Great Falls to Sea-Tac on the 21st, so I can get my rental car and find my way around. I have collected all of my records. I'm taking a small tape recorder with me so my hubby can hear what the doctor has to say. I'm starting a list of questions that I need to ask the doctor. Can anyone think of anything that I should ask the doctor, that I might not think of. Thanks Cathy
Old 08-31-2005, 01:05 AM

I'm glad that you have an appointment date set. I would ask whom he trained with to do ADR and how many surgeries has he done. Would this surgeon receive the same training as a TriCare surgeon? I'm not sure I understand the difference between the insurance coverage since both cover active military.
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy
Old 08-31-2005, 06:31 AM

Cathy,

I have a list of 31 questions I put together for my interview with Dr Delamarter. I did not get to them all in but I did get to the important ones and prioritized the list. I can email you this list if you would like, just send me a PM.

Tape recording is a great idea. Dan taped his interview the Dr Regan emailed it to me and I got to listen in. It was like getting to be a fly in the room. When you can�t bring someone with you it is a great way to not be alone and gives you a chance to review the information later and not take notes during the meeting.

Good Luck
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything