ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:29 PM

Hey thanks guys: What is the benefit if any of buying a mattress 'topper' that is 3 or 4" for an already expensive $1500- $1700 dollar bed gone wrong that is only 2 years old? Is it workable or do they just not feel the same? Any experience anyone? Thank you SO much. BB
Old 09-09-2005, 05:37 AM

When I was looking for a sleep number bed I looked every where online and at my local stores. The best deal that I found on QVC. I bought a King Royal Pillowtop Bed w/ Memory Foam by Select for a total of $2,143.00 which was cheaper than any where else that I looked. I did have to wait for about a month to get it, because they were on back order. But it was worth the wait. I finally get a good nights sleep! If you have any questions just ask. Cathy
Old 09-09-2005, 02:56 PM

Well, good news from my previous post. I contacted select comfort regarding what seemed to be the breakdown of the "baffle" dividing the two mattresses. They said they will ship me a new one, free of charge, and I should have it within a few days. I thought that was pretty good considering it is getting close to 2 years since I purchased it.

Feeling great!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:22 PM

Here's an idea for those who already have a nice mattress or can't afford a new one. Purchase 2 twin size memory foam or egg crate foam mattress toppers from Target or a similar retailer. Place one on top of the other on top of your mattress. Rotate them weekly. They should last for about 4 months and only cost about $8 each.

I did this at the recommendation of my massage therapist prior to my surgery. I was able to sleep through the night without my husband's tossing and turning awaking me. I used these immediately after my sugery and was much more comfortable than on the hospital bed provided for me in my home.

If you are unsure of what to purchase or need a quick fix give this a try.
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."
Old 09-10-2005, 12:44 PM

Do use the "Search mode" on this one please, we have had some "Amazing " conversations on this subject

Sweet dreams folks
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 09-22-2005, 05:41 AM

Has anyone here got a latex mattress. I'm very tempted to get one, from what I've been told they are the best for your back and they are naturally antibacterial, not hot not cold
etc. They are expensive here in Oz, but last up to 40 years and are guaranteed for 10. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hucky
Treated for whiplash, PT, Accupuncture, Massage symptoms predominatly on left hand side. No relief.
Aug 04 C6/7 ruptures. MRI shows no deteriorat
Old 09-22-2005, 06:28 AM

Hucky please use the "Search mode" there are amazing conversations about beds and mattresses
Best
Alastair

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 09-22-2005, 05:40 PM

Alistair,
I had already used the search mode and come up with zero on LATEX mattresses. The Tempurpedic is I believe, different - its a memory foam mattress (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm after information specifically for latex.
Thanks
Hucky
Treated for whiplash, PT, Accupuncture, Massage symptoms predominatly on left hand side. No relief.
Aug 04 C6/7 ruptures. MRI shows no deteriorat
Old 09-22-2005, 08:30 PM

Alistair, I was not going to say myself either..But when doing a search (I must be doing something wrong) but came up with zilch on the amazing subject as well. I kept getting back to this thread OR to everyone's stay in a hospital bed and what their pain levels were etc. Thanks for your help, still shopping, BB
Old 09-23-2005, 06:07 AM

Hello folks,
well I stand here in abject apologies because I've just looked using the search facility and I can't find anything at all which is totally amazing.

I wonder if we lost quite a lot of postings when we had crash with the board earlier on in the year.

I have got to believe there are plenty of people that have been changes of their mattresses and beds prior and following ADR -- -- -- so come on folks lets build up the postings on this subject again
Cheers,
Alastair

www.adrsupportuk.com/