ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:46 AM

My back pain usually starts at L5-S1 (bad) and travels caudally. Recently, along with quadriceps pain, I've been having pain in uh the anal sphincter and up there. I've never read this as a CES symptom but I certainly know that if this area is numb it's time for concern.

Curious if this could be a precursor. This is delightful for an inherent paranoid whom bad things have happened to.

This forum's acting weird.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:07 PM

Spoke to Regan's PA whom I like; she's ordering an MRI and is getting on this fast. Couldn't get a clear answer if this is of concern but she said we should know this. It's great to be heard, recieve prompt care.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:03 PM

Do not mess around with this! Get the MRI and get to someone and get this seen about Alan.
Let us know what you find out hun
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion
Old 08-17-2005, 11:32 PM

Thanks for the word Kim. I think Regan's PA is taking this seriously for as she said although no numbness, CES is from nerves.

Wearing diapers and never having sex is something I look forward to in old age - not yet.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:36 PM

I hope you can get a quick diagnosis and it's not CES. Let us know when you can.
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy
Old 08-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Banned

ans~
Didn't get to see this the other day,however, I had this pain pattern for quite some time (since '92) and it worsened very much after my failed L4 discectomy.
I was told it was due to the rt.S1 nerve root scarring and that the sacral nerve roots all exit the same area so the clumping of scar tissue on one nerve could affect others..
Would still have this pain if not on Neurontin 1800mg daily and probably the Methadone also.
Not wearing diapers and still able to be "active"~
Good luck with your upcoming MRI, and I doubt it's CES tho of course I could be wrong.. I think that has a more rapid presentation with more definitive symptoms.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:18 AM

Thanks Spotty!

+ +

Mariaa: Thanks for your input- a nice relief. Wonder if this scar tissue can be visualized in a MRI.

Best, Allan