ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:04 PM

There are a few people who have sent me private messages recently that I responded to and have heard nothing back. Todd, Brian, and Miguel, I have wrote back to all of you. It's frustrating to not know if you've gotten my responses as I do my best to be helpful to everyone I come in contact with on the forum.

Please check your messages if you have not done so.

I am also available by phone contact to anyone who might be interested. I have talked to several people that have requested this.

I may not be as knowledgeable as Justin, Harrison, Slackwater and, a few others, but I am a good listener and have been there before. I am always willing to help out in any way I can. If interested, PM me for my telephone number.

Sincerely,

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5
Old 06-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Terry, that's nice of you to offer your time. This is one of my challenges -- some folks may not know how to receive and access private messages, and/or they do not check the email client that they used when signing up. Given how much effort some folks make to help (like you), I'd like to solve this issue.

NEW MEMBERS: If you need help learning how to use this application, please email or call me. I am happy to help you learn how to use it for your advantage!

A slightly different issue, still within the context of private messages, is problem of some members receiving unsolicited emails and private messages. Consultants (and their members) continue to use this forum as a business development vehicle for their purposes; I've received that news from several other members. If you get unsolicited email/PMs from people, and it's not relating to your condition, please let me know. And thanks to those members who let me know about this problem.

I recommend that people hide their email addresses by editing their profiles and learn how to use private messaging. That's why it's there. However, some registered members who work with consultants may still send you messages. So again, let me know when you get spammed!

These are tough issues for people that care about helping others out of the goodness of their hearts! In the meantime, please be careful and as responsive as you can. We are here to help you!

Terry, you are a great listener and probably know more about all this ADR business than I do. This community is about support and sharing -- not about providing advice that doctors deliver to patients. And for that, I thank you and all of you.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 06-29-2008, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the kind words!

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5
Old 06-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Banned

Terry, you're the man.

We're <STRIKE>lucky</STRIKE> blessed to have you here!
Justin