ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:56 PM

Oh what the heck!....Count me in!

These events are not something to be missed if you can help it. I'm on the hunt for cervical ADR info and I know my questions will be answered by the experts.

This will be the 3rd for me.....I've learned something new at each one.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:28 AM

If I were uncertain about ADR (or other spine techniques), I would pay significantly more money than Mark is charging to get the type of info that's presented at the seminars. They're increadible - and not just the speakers. The one-on-one discussions with other patients is not to be missed either.

Another reminder - for those of us who are currently suffering from a medically diagnosed spine problem, these seminars (and travel expenses) are tax deductible under US tax laws (check IRS pub 502, section on medical conferences). The only stipulation is that the trip be solely (or at least mainly) for the purpose of attending the medical session (if you spend the following week touring the Big Apple, your whole trip might not be deductible). For those who will (or have) gotten surgery this year and are, therefore, already beyond the 7.5% limit for deducting medical expenses, this trip would be totally tax-deductible (that's like getting a 10%, 25%, or 33% discount on everything, depending on your bracket).
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 02-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Banned

You guys are not going to believe this.... I just received an email with a positive reply from Dr. Karin Buettner-Janz. I am planning on having her as the lunch speaker to tell us about the development of the SB-Charite' artificial disc. During the mid-80's, she and Kurt Schellnack developed of the first viable total disc replacement at the Charite' Hospital in Berlin... hence the name SB Charite'.

Remember that this occurred before the Berlin Wall fell. They did not have the technology in East Germany to produce a viable product. Many of you have seen the disc referred to as the Link-Charite. Helmut Link's West-German engineering firm did have the know-how and technology to help tranform the SB Charite into the Link SB Charite III that is still in use today. This collaboration across the Berlin Wall was no small feat. It makes a fascinating story.

Dr. Buettner-Janz competed in the 68 and 72 Olympics for GDR (East Germany). She has 7 Olympic medals including 2 gold. She has won 7 medals at European Championships, including 3 gold. She was the European All Around Champion in 1969. At the world championships, she has won 3 medals, including 1 gold.

http://www.gymn-forum.com/bios/women/janz.html

http://www.intlgymnast.com/events/20...ions/janz.html

Mark
Old 02-26-2005, 08:18 PM

Mark, are there any sites that describe the charite disc that is implanted in Germany,as far as how it differs from the one used in the U.S.? New York seminar lineup is getting better and better! No one will be able to go eat or use the bathroom for fear of missing something good!!(You might have to hook all attendees up to catheters and I.V.'s) If I am not in Germany, I will attend. Mark(Tennessee)
Upcoming surgery date with Dr. Bertagnoli April 29,2005
Had sucessfull 3 level(L6,L5,L4)replacement-recovery going well.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:31 PM

I am going to try to be there, what is the cost to attend? Is there going to be a doctor i the house??? I can't wait to meet everone

Dave
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Banned

The cost is not fixed yet... still trying to resolve venue. Expect approx. $150 per person... that will include cocktail party Sat night, breakfast and lunch on Sunday, plus the full day conference.

Mark
Old 02-28-2005, 05:59 PM

Mark, how about if you are just going for the day? Will you post the cost when you figure it out?
Thanks, hopefully I can make it.

Judy
ADR L5/S1
Diagnosed with Arachnoiditis 11/06
Old 02-28-2005, 08:07 PM

What are the chances of getting better rates if we all stay at one place? are other up for that? My wife and I both are planning on being there unless surgery get in the way, but not likely sense Dr. Bertagnoli whom I want to do my surgery will be there. May be I can get him to bring his tools and save me a flight!!! This is very cool Mark I am very excited!! Richard, my wife adn I would love to dine with you on Sat. Does any body know of a place to stay that is not = to the price of the surgery?
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Banned

That sounds like fun~ staying at the same hotel..that way maybe if the pre ADRers,or still bad backers can lie in their hotel bed and still have a party/get together in their room!
Old 03-01-2005, 10:09 AM

Maria - we alway knew you were a party animal! Just joking of course, but, your idea of a group hotel sounds great for just the reason you noted. Since I'll need to be back at work on Monday morning (at 6:30A, ughhh), I vote that we try to stay near an airport if possible.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog