ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:59 PM

Hi my name is Rebecca and im researching adr as a option for ddd L4-5 and L5-S1. I had a disectomy/laminectomy at both levels in jan 2004 ..but pain and problems are now getting bad again.I'm wondering if anyone has or knows of anyone who may have had adr done with Dr.Ames at csuf and how the outcome was. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rebecca
Old 06-30-2006, 12:59 PM

Along this line, I am also in need of a Northern California doctor to do an evaluation for worker's comp purposes. Just the eval. Either in Sacramento or in San Francisco, or at UC Davis. Does anyone know of any? Thanks!
TREATMENT: IDET, ESI's, Radiofrequency, Chiropractic, Pain Management, PT.
No work since 1999.
ADR Surgery at BetaKlinik, Bonn, Germany 11/30/11-Activ-L at L45,STALIF at L5S1--recovery good so far!
http://backtalk2011.blogspot.com/?v=0
Old 06-30-2006, 02:00 PM

Hi Nan,

From my limited understanding, you have many choices of excellent docs in LA - esp. if you're willing to pay out-of-pocket (I guess) for an opinion or have WC pay for surgery. I hear Dr. Zucherman's name at UCSF mentioned here. I haven't heard that UCD is a haven for ADR surgeries.

Names that come to mind in LA are - in no logical order: Delamarter, Regan, Watkins, Bray, Laureyssen (will give you time for questions).
I hear that Patrick Johnson at Cedars is excellent too but heard this in the context of getting an opinion.

(Formerly from your area).

Be well, Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:15 PM

There is hope...on May 30, I had a two-level ADR (L4-5/L5-S1) done here in the states paid for by Worker's Compensation. The key is to be persistent(perhaps overly aggressive) and hire a good attorney. Good Luck!!
Melissa
Quote:
Originally posted by nanfromsactown:
Along this line, I am also in need of a Northern California doctor to do an evaluation for worker's comp purposes. Just the eval. Either in Sacramento or in San Francisco, or at UC Davis. Does anyone know of any? Thanks!