ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-25-2005, 03:49 AM

Well time to add my two cents! I was sleeping on a regular innerspring mattress, and when I got up in the morning I just couldn't move. So for 6 months I slept on the futon in the living room, which was better than the bed, but still not the solution to the problem! In October last year we bought a sleep number bed you know it�s filled with air. We got a king size it was expensive but worth every penny!! The best thing about it is we each get to set our side of the bed to our comfort level, some nights I need a softer bed so I just push a button and let some air out and some nights I need a firmer bed and all I do is push a button and the bed will get as firm as I want. Another great thing is that there is a divider that splits the bed in 2 he has his side and I have mine and I don't feel him roll over or get out of bed, and he doesn't feel me moving, twitching, or when I have muscle spasms. I did find out in searching for the best price that QVC (the shopping network) had the cheapest price and they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. Buying this bed was the smartest thing that I have bought when it comes to my back. If you have any questions just PM me. Cathy
Old 07-25-2005, 07:44 AM

what a coincidence. I am in the process of looking for a new mattress as well.

Seriously thinking about a tempurpedic, but I am still in the process of trying to find someplace nearby where I can test one out first before buying...

David
Old 07-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Banned

David,
If you live near a Brookstone or Relax the Back store... they both have them on the floor.

Prior to buying the bed, we tried the visco elastic pillows with a similar density to the bed to see if it was too soft, or hard, or warm, etc. We'll never go back to anything else and couldn't wait to buy the bed.

Dale
Old 07-25-2005, 02:20 PM

Actually, excellent points.

I found a Relax the Back store on the other side of town (Columbus, OH), and a Brookstone near where I work.

Thanks for the suggestions!

David
Old 08-16-2005, 11:29 AM

If anyone is still following this thread, I have had my tempurpedic celebrity mattress for just shy of two weeks now.

Probably a bit early to tell, but so far I am really happy with it.

I will give you that it does have a bit of a strange odor (which I had heard about beforehand), but it isn't really bad or overpowering.

David
Old 08-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Banned

David,
Glad to hear you're happy w/your new bed. Where did you end up purchasing it from?
I had thought about returning my mattress as I thought it may be a bit too soft on the top (tho firm below) however, it seems that much of the back pain I used to feel at night is gone and I have to attribute it to the new mattress, so I've decided most definately to keep it!
Happy Snoozing~ Maria
Old 08-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Banned

David,
Glad to hear you're happy w/your new bed. Where did you end up purchasing it from?
I had thought about returning my mattress as I thought it may be a bit too soft on the top (tho firm below) however, it seems that much of the back pain I used to feel at night is gone and I have to attribute it to the new mattress, so I've decided most definately to keep it!
Happy Snoozing~ Maria
Old 08-16-2005, 01:06 PM

I went ahead and bought it directly from tempurpedic (queen celebrity mattress: ~$3,000.00, base: ~$300.00, delivery: $150.00)

It looks like the price of the mattress is the same no matter from whom you buy, and delivery charge was basically the same as well.

I figured I might as well deal directly with tempurpedic on the off chance that I didn't like it....

David
Old 09-01-2005, 11:30 AM

As a one-month follow-up, I can say that I definitely would recommend tempurpedic (expensive yes, but worth the price).

I have found that I can (generally) only fall asleep on my left hand side, but at least it only takes me about 20 minutes to fall asleep, versus the 2+ hours that it would sometime take with my previous mattress.

Plus, my back hurts significantly less first thing in the morning, which is a definite plus.

David
Old 09-01-2005, 09:59 PM

Just a note to save some folks some money. If you have a prescription, The Relax the Back store will give you 10% off of any product that your prescription states. I'm not sure if its a nationwide policy, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Dan
Charite @ L5-S1 8/2/05 with Dr. Regan
Struggling with facet joint pain.