ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-25-2005, 04:09 AM
imported_PStewart

Quote:
Originally posted by cmarks927:
[qb] Thanks everyone for all your information. In order for me to have the surgery tomorrow (which I'm going to do) I have to pay for the disc upfront. The hospital said they would bill United Healthcare and then I could appeal from there. But I must say for $11,500 it better be worth it!! [/qb]
If they are charging $11,500 for the disk itself, you are being taken for the biggest ride in the world. I paid 3,000 Euros (or about $4200) for the Prodisc itself in Germany. You are paying almost triple.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:51 AM

I am in Missouri. I saw my ortho Tuesday and he is as frustrated as we are that the insurance is not paying. He even spoke with an attorney and they said that as long as they are following their policies there is really nothing that can be done. So the I think the idea that one of you came up with pressure to the legislators and anyone else such as CNN or MSNBC ect. is what we all need to do. He also said that Charti is the only FDA approved disk and that the other prodisc is still part of their study. Have you asked to have the company throw it in for free? It is their advantange to get more people to have the surgery on the study.

Becky
Old 06-25-2005, 03:00 PM

I am scheduled for the Charite ADR surgery on 7-20-05 for my L5/SI. I fought and prevailed to have the state of California cover my workers' compensation claim. The handbook "A Patient Guide to the Appeals Process" distributed by DePuy Spine is very helpful. It may be obtained by calling 1-800-227-6633.
Crystal
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."
Old 06-28-2005, 06:16 AM

I have several posts you may want to check out in the big bucket under finding numbers. I have called my state representatives and spoken to them personally. Also call your insurance commisioner and file a complaint BRENDAWY
Old 05-31-2006, 12:56 PM

Hi, I was wondering what insuraance you had that covered your operation?
Mackenzie
Quote:
Originally posted by paulam310:
cmarks, my insurance covered my surgery. I was told my the accounting department that they code the disk as a medical device (or something like that). I would question why the insurance company would be willing to pay the doctor to implant a disk, yet not pay for the disk. It doesn't make sense.