ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Banned

Anna, a client of mine will be going to Straubing in January.

Can you take the train directly from the airport to Straubing?

How much was it?

How far from the S-Bahn station to St. Elisabeth?

Was the train station convenient to the airport?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 12-30-2004, 04:38 PM

Here's a link to the Bahn (in English) for schedules, etc.:

http://www.bahn.de/-S:4OBxCd:dqeApdNNPXDenNNNNQxM/pv/vi...ational_guests.shtml
Old 12-31-2004, 04:20 AM

Just for info:

If you order train tickets in advance (ie. internet) they're usually much cheaper in contrast to just walking into the station. Also, if you plan to do some more train trips, they sell some "Bahncard" which gives general price reduction of 25% or more.
Old 01-01-2005, 08:58 PM

When I rode the train between Straubing and Munich, I went from Straubing to Munich. The connection went to the Hauptbanhof (central train station) in Munich. Of course from the central station, you can access all the U-bahn and S-bahn trains. Coming from the airport, you get on the S-8 commuter train which can take you in to the central station where you can connect to nearly everywhere. I'd use the www.bahn.de website that queen of hearts posted to get schedules and prices for the Munich-to-Straubing portion. I remember paying something between 30 and 50 Euros for that portion of my trip. There is an English speaking portion of the deutche bahn website, but may take some browsing to find it. Not sure if all aspects of the site are available in English, so, you might want to have a German-English dictionary available when you buy your tickets. Tickets can be bought in advance, and a bahn card might be a good idea if you plan to make lots of trips on the German rail system, as florihupf said.

Sorry not to have been quicker (queen of hearts and florihupf really answered it all), but, I've been out of town and away from a computer for nearly a week.

In general, I'd definitely use the rail system. Ditching my car and hopping trains is one of the great joys of traveling in Europe.

Best of Luck!

Laura Wurth
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 01-01-2005, 09:03 PM

Oops, forgot something. The train station in Straubing is, literally, right underneath Dr. Bertagnoli's clinic-office window. Unfortunately, I have not been to the St. Elizabeth hospital, so, I don't know the distance to there. I'm scheduled to travel from central Munich to Dr. B's Bogen office, and I'm planning to use a combination of trains and taxis.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog