ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:23 PM

Thanks Tricia!

Don't worry, you didn't scare me at all. I think if I was scared, I would have stayed on the pill! Haha.

Actually, your story was a great help to me. Like when I prepared for my ADR surgery, I love being mentally and emotionally prepared for both the worst and best outcomes. I think it saved me from some of the mental stress some people experience when they're laid up for extended periods of time.

I'm glad you were able to still feel some enjoyment of the process along the way.

Thanks again for posting/updating your experiences!

~Sara

- Did mild PT, some chiropractics and self regulated pain management since initial sports injury in Spring 1997.
- XRay and Bone Scan Jan/Feb 2007
- PT March to May 2007
- MRI Jan 2008
- Disco positive at L5/S1 Feb 2008
- ADR surgery at L5/S1 on June 23rd 2008 - Prodisc
- Recovery - so far so good!

Old 07-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Default Post ADR Pregnancy

I wanted to share the good news... we had our little girl on July 18th! We named her Lucy and she is a tiny 6 lbs 13 oz's and only 18.5 inches long. Lucy is healthy and did not have any withdraw from the Vicodin, which was a huge relief. I'm doing much better as well, I was able to walk normally a few days after her delivery and no longer have the leg weakness. My back and hip pain is almost gone as well, it happened so fast, it was like a switch turned off. We had the c-section as planned and the anesthesiologist were able to use a spinal block and epidural, so I was awake during her delivery. My OB was able to use my ADR scar so that was great too.

Now that I'm not pregnant I realize how awful the pain was when I was pregnant, I'm so relived to be able to move again. I'm nowhere near 100%, but am much more hopeful that I will be there soon with PT and some steroid shots. We are truly enjoying being parents and adoring Lucy. I can't imagine our life without our little girl, however before we have another baby I'm going to really get into great shape. I hope this experience has been helpful to future ADR Mom's, hang in there and good luck!
ADR L5/S1 May 17th 2006 w/Dr. Bitan
http://adrrecovery.blogspot.com/
Doing GREAT and feeling very lucky!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:04 PM

Congrats Tricia!

I'm so glad all went well with Lucy's birth and that you and her are both doing well. Hopefully you'll be back to normal relatively quickly. That's awesome to know how quickly your pain subsided too. It's so neat to hear other people's experiences with this. That's interesting about the use of the ADR scar. I wonder if my OB will be able to do the same. I just had my first appointment and just have to get a call in to my surgeon's office with a few questions to pass along to my OB next appointment. Though, I think they're already having me see different docs in the practice, so I'm a little nervous about that.

So exciting! Have fun with little Lucy. They grow up so fast! Even though I don't have any of my own, I'm still amazed at how big my nephews have gotten already. Haha.

~Sara

- Did mild PT, some chiropractics and self regulated pain management since initial sports injury in Spring 1997.
- XRay and Bone Scan Jan/Feb 2007
- PT March to May 2007
- MRI Jan 2008
- Disco positive at L5/S1 Feb 2008
- ADR surgery at L5/S1 on June 23rd 2008 - Prodisc
- Recovery - so far so good!